Lights out: Shawne Merriman calls it a career

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lights out: Shawne Merriman calls it a career

Free agent DE Shawne Merriman has retired from football.
    "After a lengthy discussion with my agent, family and team, I have officially decided to put in my retirement papers," Merriman posted on his website. So ends one of the more turbulent careers in modern football history. The No. 12 pick of the 2005 draft, Merriman exploded out of the gates with 10 sacks as a rookie, but drew a four-game PED ban as a sophomore. After notching a combined 29.5 sacks in 2006-07, Merriman was limited to 33 games over the past five years by injuries. "Lights Out" hangs 'em up two months shy of his 29th birthday. He finishes his career with 45.5 sacks and three Pro Bowls.

Source: ShawneMerriman.com
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Didn't his career end when he got busted taking 'riods? I mean got hurt?
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Originally posted by tndcollectables View Post
      Didn't his career end when he got busted taking 'riods? I mean got hurt?
      Funny how getting busted seems to end a lot of people's careers these days. Manny Rameriez just hasn't figured it out yet (even though everyone else has...)
      Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
      Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
      Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Working...
      X