Pats re-sign Talib, release Lloyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pats re-sign Talib, release Lloyd

The New England Patriots have released receiver Brandon Lloyd and re-signed defensive backs Aqib Talib, Kyle Arrington and Adrian Wilson.

The team made the announcements on Saturday.

Arrington tied for the NFL lead in 2011 with seven interceptions. Wilson is a five-time Pro Bowl selection who holds the NFL record for most sacks in a season by a defensive back (eight) and is the sixth player in NFL history to record 25 sacks and 25 interceptions in his career.

Talib was acquired by New England in a trade with Tampa Bay on Nov. 1 for a 2013 fourth-round draft pick. He started in five of six games for New England after the trade and had 19 tackles and an interception that he returned 59 yards for a touchdown.

Lloyd had 74 receptions for 911 yards and four touchdowns last season for New England, with 12 receptions for 102 yards and one touchdown in two playoff games.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
    I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

I really thought not paying Welker was a dumb thing for them to do. To me though they needed to sign Talib, if they didn't I thought it was even worse than Welker going. The Lloyd release doesn't surprise me the acquisitions of Donald Jones and Amendola and the talk of them really going to go hard at Emmanuel Sanders really showed they weren't all that happy with Lloyd's play.
    my bucket (always being updated): http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/tbbthelegend/

Jacksonville Jaguars Spreadsheet

Collection Jacksonville Jaguars - 3134 Total - 1080 Rookies - 616 Serial #ed - 185 Game Used - 243 Autos

so I'm always on the lookout if you want to work out a trade.

Comment

Working...
    X