New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys

I know there are several other games prior to the Sunday Night Showdown. These games broadcasted in the afternoon are subject to either "Dishnetwork" where you can view all NFL games or per your location within the continental USA. So at this point, I will reserve my thesis to the main nation wide broadcasted games. If forum members would like to share their games broadcasted in their area via a new thread or this current thread, I urge you to do so. I would like to hear about any and all NFL games.

So without further adieu, the Giants? Is the great Eli Manning going to show up? Or the awful Eli Manning going to show up? I know he is Peyton's younger brother, I know his dad Archie played for the Saints, and I know he has the most Superbowl rings within his family. I feel this will change in the near future via Peyton. What I don't understand is that he is one of the most consistently inconsistent Quarterbacks in the NFL. Now, Tony Romo is not negated from that comment. And I'll share my thoughts below in the next paragraph. Sorry, bcw716 and 90's triplets! Truly, no one will know until Sunday at 11:30pm EST. That is not to discredit Eli and the Giants. I recall one season where they played so bad that the city of New York demanded that Coach Tom Coughlin be fired and that they would need to draft a replacement Quarterback and release Eli. Well, when it really counted in November of that year, the Giants walked into post season and strolled into Superbowl. Then it was history repeating itself beating out the New England Patriots. Sorry schwood.

Now as I mentioned, history does repeat itself. Why? Because we never study history and try to change what is to come. Change is a very difficult thing to do. I should know. I'm guilty as charged. Every game where the Giants play at Dallas, it ends in a defeat for the Cowboys. I think that this game will be very different, I feel that the Dallas Cowboys will prevail. Now, it will be remembered that in 2013, the Giants lost to
    the Cowboys. By how many points? I no not! I would like to know if forum members could share their thoughts on whom will win and by how many points, I'm eager to hear your picks!

My objective is to share my humble opinion, in no way is my intent to disrespect anyone! If you feel I have done so? I apologize in advance. I do this for fun and I would like as many different theories as possible. As there are many types of card collectors, so is there as many different fans of the NFL! Lets have fun!

So, who will win? New York Giants? Dallas Cowboys?
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

I think if eli has a good game then they will blow out Dallas
    35 17 giants win

Comment

Giants never seem to surprise me. They can blow anyone out on any day or could get blown out by anyone on any day.
      Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
      Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
      Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Originally posted by checkmycards2013 View Post
        I think if eli has a good game then they will blow out Dallas
        35 17 giants win
        This will be history repeating itself!
        I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

Comment

Originally posted by ucffans View Post
          Giants never seem to surprise me. They can blow anyone out on any day or could get blown out by anyone on any day.

Yes, I completely agree. They are "Consistently Inconsistent"!

Comment

Disclosure: I am 100% biased in my opinion. I hate the Giants more than any team in the league & I hate Eli Manning more than any player in the league. A LOT has to do with the fact he plays for the Giants but also factoring in his crybaby move w/ SD before the draft & his constant dumbface I can't stand the guy(I do like Peyton so it's not a Manning thing).

Dallas will win the game for a few reasons.

1. Dez Bryant has become almost uncoverable and I would choose him over any of the 4 CBs on NY roster. expect 125 yds and at least 1 TD. Miles Austin is also finally healthy so they won't be able to constantly double Dez w/out getting killed on the other side. Pick your poison.

2. Dallas O-Line has actually blocked this preseason- means we'll get to run the ball. I'll admit Tuck, Joseph, & a 75% JPP are pretty dang good but I see at least 80 yds & a touch for Murray.

3. Jason Witten will be Jason Witten. Best all around TE in the league since Tony Gonzalez is on the downside of his career. Adv Dallas over NYG LBs

4. 4-3 Defense has caused all kinds of havoc. No TDs allowed during preseason and they're actually causing turnovers w/ backups. Giants O-line is iffy as is Cowboys D-line w/ the injuries. If Spencer Plays, edge Dallas. D-Ware has 2 sacks & Eli throws at least 1 pick. The Corners match up w/ the receivers for the most part but Claiborne hasn't played in the preseason & I think he'll get burned at least twice.

Again, I'm totally biased & a homer but I think Dallas wins 38-28.
            -Brady

Looking for mainly Cowboys, Andy Dalton
            http://sportscardalbum.com/u/bcw716
            http://s1291.beta.photobucket.com/us...62121686120534

Comment

Originally posted by bcw716 View Post
              Disclosure: I am 100% biased in my opinion. I hate the Giants more than any team in the league & I hate Eli Manning more than any player in the league. A LOT has to do with the fact he plays for the Giants but also factoring in his crybaby move w/ SD before the draft & his constant dumbface I can't stand the guy(I do like Peyton so it's not a Manning thing).

Dallas will win the game for a few reasons.

1. Dez Bryant has become almost uncoverable and I would choose him over any of the 4 CBs on NY roster. expect 125 yds and at least 1 TD. Miles Austin is also finally healthy so they won't be able to constantly double Dez w/out getting killed on the other side. Pick your poison.

2. Dallas O-Line has actually blocked this preseason- means we'll get to run the ball. I'll admit Tuck, Joseph, & a 75% JPP are pretty dang good but I see at least 80 yds & a touch for Murray.

3. Jason Witten will be Jason Witten. Best all around TE in the league since Tony Gonzalez is on the downside of his career. Adv Dallas over NYG LBs

4. 4-3 Defense has caused all kinds of havoc. No TDs allowed during preseason and they're actually causing turnovers w/ backups. Giants O-line is iffy as is Cowboys D-line w/ the injuries. If Spencer Plays, edge Dallas. D-Ware has 2 sacks & Eli throws at least 1 pick. The Corners match up w/ the receivers for the most part but Claiborne hasn't played in the preseason & I think he'll get burned at least twice.

Again, I'm totally biased & a homer but I think Dallas wins 38-28.
              I find your information very interesting, it holds truth and encompasses what Eric Mangini thought. This is the same Eric Mangini that was the Head Coach of the Cleveland Browns during their 2009-2010 campaign.

I know I'm jumping way ahead, but I'd like to make a mention of this fact. After his release from the Browns, Mangini became an analyst for ESPN. In 2012 Mangini decreed that the Dallas Cowboys would be in the Superbowl. Although that was not the case, he made comments similar to yours. He also mentioned that if the Cowboys do not make it to the Superbowl, their run in 2013 will lead in that direction. We will definitely find out by the end of December! Thanks for sharing!
              Last edited by hayn; 09-06-2013, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X