I got duped....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got duped....

Possibly twice in one week! If both transactions turn out to be falsified I may be taking a little time off to recover from these misleadings. Yesterday I got my end of a trade of 2 '84 Topps RC's (1 Elway, 1 Dickerson) that look too nice to be real.. I'm leaning toward the real side more on those than the purchase I made a week ago and received today.

I should have known these patches weren't actually worn on the jerseys during the Super Bowl. I should have done my research. I should have known this card would be numbered lower than /50 if this patch was indeed real. I should have retracted my bid after looking at his seller feedback.

I did all these things AFTER winning and thinking the win was too good to be true. I got the card today and sent the seller a message to clarify the issue and if he could not give me a reason to think the patch is real or I don't hear from him in 48 hrs I'd be talking to eBay about it. Here is the card... it's too bad if it's fake, it's actually really cool. I don't have an issue with the auto, just the patch....

(Scratches and smudges from case, card itself is pretty clean.)

-BUCKET----ROOKIES TRADE LIST----WANT LIST----SET NEEDS----IRVIN HAVES LIST-
    LOOKING FOR ANY MICHAEL IRVIN CARDS I DON'T HAVE AND OTHER COWBOYS AUTO/GU/RC'S

Wow, you know, this is a hard one for me. It looks good, but I see your point as well. I don't no how much you paid for it, but if it was big? Send it to PSA/DNA!
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Well I think its real lol....

Comment

I think they got you on the patch bud. as far as I know, nobody authenticates patches but I haven't seen anything /50 that is more than 2 or 3 colors at most. did you buy it on ebay? who is the seller so I can block them?
        -Brady

Looking for mainly Cowboys, Andy Dalton
        http://sportscardalbum.com/u/bcw716
        http://s1291.beta.photobucket.com/us...62121686120534

Comment

Yea, no card company would use a Super Bowl patch on a card that just states that its just a jersey swatch from a random game. Bummer.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
          Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
          Johnson/Mears/
          Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Seller says he bought it a year ago and is in same condition as when he bought it. Pretty sure he did it himself, but can't prove it. I may keep it as a reminder and snatch a real one when I see it.
            eBay seller ID: 3rdCoastSportsCards

-BUCKET----ROOKIES TRADE LIST----WANT LIST----SET NEEDS----IRVIN HAVES LIST-
            LOOKING FOR ANY MICHAEL IRVIN CARDS I DON'T HAVE AND OTHER COWBOYS AUTO/GU/RC'S

Comment

Working...
            X