Vikings hire Bengals defensive coordinator Zimmer as head coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vikings hire Bengals defensive coordinator Zimmer as head coach

The Minnesota Vikings have hired Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer as their head coach, FOX Sports 1 Insider Jay Glazer and other media report.

Zimmer has spent the past five seasons with Cincinnati, helping the Bengals win two AFC North titles. The Vikings finished 5-10-1 this season, missing the playoffs one year after reaching the postseason with a 10-6 mark.

Minnesota fired Leslie Frazier after the season and interviewed numerous candidates to fill the head coaching vacancy. Zimmer had his second interview Tuesday.

The Vikings decided to hire Zimmer on Tuesday night, but the offer needed to come from the owners Wednesday morning, Glazer reports.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
    I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

I think he's ready.
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Working...
    X