I found a sweet little honey hole!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found a sweet little honey hole!!

Look I noticed this little ma and pa place close to my house and I heard they had stuff for nascar and lots of Ravens stuff in there cause they advertise it outside. Well few months back we moved into a new home and few days ago shoveling snow I was talking to the neighbor. Well I told him me and my kids were into the football card collecting as a hobby and recently started getting into it more. Well he tells me "My brother in-law does the same and he said this place is a good little place to go to". Well being off work today I decided to stop by and see what they had and what I could get my hands on. I go into the store its small and tight, and spotted the ravens gear and headed to it. Well I didnt see many cards so I asked the clerk if they had any cards he pointed to a aisle and said over there. I seen a clear case that had some 2012 topps hobby boxes and asked if he had more. Then I look down, shelves full of hobby boxes from late 80s- present unopened. Topps, Pro set, Classic wax, donruss elite, magic,contenders and more tons of hockey,baseball,wrestling. I could not believe it in this little small town place. Well I bought some packs and got a few nice things #'d nothing big, but I will be returning to this place more often since its close and I get to pick through mostly everything. Most stuff had dust on it so I can tell not many people are getting in there an into this stuff. So I hope to post some nice things to come from this spot, who knows what could be there sitting an waiting to be hit from this little store.

Thanks for reading, kinda excited to see what this little place brings.

Tim
    http://s995.photobucket.com/user/aut...?sort=3&page=1 Working on putting a bucket together

I collect new rookies, Aj McCarron, Eddie Lacey, Ej Manuel, Geno smith, Marqise Lee, Aaron Dobson, Older cards (1950s-1990s) along with anything that catches my eye along with Crimson Tide players/former players.

Stores like these mom and pop sundries, were the back bone of American entrepreneurial-ship after WWII. They began to spread out through Main Street America from 1948 till approximately the early 70's. At this point in American history, everything from the gas crisis to several recessions (For the younger forum members, yes, we had a gas crisis in the 70's that created a odd and even number car gas fill up day using your license plates, and there were several recessions prior to the 2008 situation) including the growth of big ticket retail giants like Walmart. How ironic is that where Walmart was a mom and pop store at one time!

This shop that you found will have hidden gems, take advantage now while you can. Before you know it, you'll be sitting with your grandchildren talking of the good old days of this little shop. Make sure you post your treasures so we can see what was found!

Toshi
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Good luck and have fun.
      Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

I ran into a couple of those "honey holes" back in the day, but that was before i started collecting again after college!!!

. . .
        Currently looking for:
        Football: The Gronk!
        Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
        Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
        + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
        Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
        http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

Working...
        X