Owner confirms Browns tried to get Harbaugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owner confirms Browns tried to get Harbaugh

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam confirmed at the Combine that his team did attempt to acquire Jim Harbaugh from the 49ers earlier this offseason.
    The 49ers' front office has vehemently denied talks occurred, but Haslam didn't back down when pressed by USA Today's Jarrett Bell. "There was an opportunity there, and it didn't materialize," said Haslam. It's entirely unclear what sort of compensation San Francisco was seeking, but pretty clear at this point that the Niners may be headed for a divorce with Harbaugh, probably after next season. It's worth noting Dolphins owner Stephen Ross pursued Harbaugh aggressively when he was leaving Stanford. Current Fins GM Dennis Hickey and coach Joe Philbin are believed to be a lame-duck pairing entering 2014. .
    Source: USA Today
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Please god, no! What Harbaugh has done with the Niners has been nothing short of remarkable... My favorite team would be foolish to do something that might oust Harbaugh!
    PC'ing Minnesota Twins Auto's and GU's, and popular former Twins in their Twins uniform!

Currently Updating My Bucket: http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/drubacca_117/library/

Comment

Man....for as much as I would've loved Harbaugh's crazy @$$ in Cleveland, the asking price would've been far too high for a coach.

Gruden cost Tampa 2 1sts and 2 2nds. I couldn't imagine the Browns giving up that much for a coach.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

I don't know what it will take to get the Cleveland Browns to a minimum of an 8-8 season, but whatever it is, the Browns need something to happen (Short of a miracle) sooner than later! Maybe they can coax Jon Gruden with the allure of a big time payday, John Gruden would be an ideal coach for the Browns or any team for that matter.
        I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Working...
        X