Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ravens Sign Steve Smith

Steve Smith, Baltimore Ravens reach agreement on three-year deal - ESPN

The Baltimore Ravens have reached a three-year deal with wide receiver Steve Smith, the team announced Friday.

The 34-year-old Smith, who ranks 19th in league history in receptions, was released Thursday by the Carolina Panthers after 13 seasons.

Smith arrived in Baltimore late Thursday night, and negotiations and meetings continued into the early morning hours Friday.

Smith said he had a contract offer from the San Diego Chargers and canceled a visit with the New England Patriots scheduled for Monday. Smith added that the Washington Redskins and Seattle Seahawks also expressed interest.

One of the reasons he chose Baltimore, he noted, is because it's about a one-hour flight to Charlotte, where his family will continue to live. Smith's wife, Angie, is expecting their fourth child later this year.

Smith caught 64 passes for 746 yards with four touchdowns in 2013, helping Carolina capture the NFC South title. He is the Panthers' all-time leader in catches (836), receiving yards (12,197) and touchdowns (67).

Good for Ravens, bad for Panthers.
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Ravens will still suck.

Comment

Working...
      X