Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Marino Suing The NFL

Dan Marino files concussion lawsuit against NFL - ESPN

PHILADELPHIA -- Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino is among the latest group of football players to file a concussion-related lawsuit against the National Football League.

The 52-year-old former Miami Dolphins quarterback is one of 15 former players who filed a lawsuit in federal court in Philadelphia last week.

Marino and the other 14 plaintiffs join more than 4,800 others who have alleged the NFL misled players about the long-term dangers of concussions. The NFL has denied those claims.

The lawsuit doesn't specify any medical problems suffered by the plaintiffs including Marino, who retired in 1999. It seeks unspecified damages and medical monitoring.

The NFL and the original group of players agreed on a $765 million settlement last August. But the settlement was rejected by a federal judge in January.

These concussion issues are no joke! I'm a living example. The difference with me and these players are that they had protective (In a way) equipment. I did not. That's why it took one good blow to my head to create this issue that I now have been living with for four years, that I now believe I will never recover from. I noticed it just gets worse, a little bit everyday.

This very thread is posted with the help of Mrs. Toshi, something I could have done on my own in the past. I'm not allowed to cook (I used to be a Executive Chef) because I keep leaving the gas on. There are a myriad of things I'm not allowed to do now. I'm not writing this to ask for sympathy, I'm doing this to make people realize what these players sacrificed for the sake of entertainment.

I wish Mr. Marino the best,
    Toshi
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Dan Marino, formerly of Miami Dolphins, intends to withdraw from lawsuit against National Football League - ESPN

Well that didnt last long. LOL!

Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino confirmed Tuesday that he is withdrawing from a concussion-related lawsuit against the NFL.

Marino, 52, was one of 15 players who filed a lawsuit in federal court in Philadelphia last week. The plaintiffs joined more than 4,800 others who have alleged that the NFL misled players about the long-term dangers of concussions. The league has denied those claims.

"Within the last year I authorized a claim to be filed on my behalf just in case I needed future medical coverage to protect me and my family in the event I later suffered from the effects of head trauma," Marino said in a statement. "In so doing I did not realize I would be automatically listed as a plaintiff in a lawsuit against the NFL. I have made the decision it is not necessary for me to be part of any claims or this lawsuit and therefore I am withdrawing as a plaintiff effective immediately. I am sympathetic to other players who are seeking relief who may have suffered head injuries. I also disclaim any references in the form complaint of current head injuries."

Marino's intention to withdraw from the lawsuit was first reported by the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

The lawsuit doesn't specify any medical problems suffered by the plaintiffs, including Marino, who retired in 1999. It seeks unspecified damages and medical monitoring.

The NFL and the original group of players agreed on a $765 million settlement in August 2013. But the settlement was rejected by a federal judge in January.

Comment

Working...
      X