Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which 4 of these could make the playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which 4 of these could make the playoffs?

Early predictions have many of the expected teams such as Denver, Seattle, New England, SF, etc. to make the playoffs. Which team(s) will be this year's version of the 2013 Kansas City Chiefs?

Most of these teams are not expected to make the playoffs. Pick 2 teams from each of these groups that you think could be this year's surprise teams?

Pick 2 from the "Long Shots"
    Miami Dolphins
    Buffalo Bills
    NY Jets
    Cleveland Browns
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Tennessee Titans
    Oakland Raiders
    Washington Redskins
    Minnesota Vikings

Pick 2 from the "Bubble Teams"
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Houston Texans
    San Diego Chargers
    Dallas Cowboys
    NY Giants
    Detroit Lions
    Atlanta Falcons
    Arizona Cardinals
    St Louis Rams
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Last edited by ucffans; 06-15-2014, 09:30 AM.
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

I will pick the Buffalo Bills, Jacksonville Jaguars, Atlanta Falcons, and Arizona Cardinals

Buffalo - weak division (4 possible wins against Jets/Dolphins), exciting offense, passionate base with uncertainty of team, plus...I was born in Buffalo!

Jacksonville Jaguars - Blake Bortles baby!!!

Atlanta Falcons - They still have a lot of talent as long as they minimize injuries

AZ Cardinals - Not sure what it is about this team the last few years, they just seem to win!
    Last edited by ucffans; 06-14-2014, 08:22 PM.
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

I'll go with the Minnesota Vikings, Buffalo Bills, San Diego Chargers, and St. Louis Rams.
      Check out my bucket at- http://s870.photobucket.com/user/vik...?sort=3&page=1

FOOTBALL
      Cordarrelle Patterson, Xavier Rhodes, Teddy Bridgewater, Jerrick McKinnon, Anthony Barr, Trae Waynes, Eric Kendricks.
      BASEBALL
      Byron Buxton, Carlos Correa, Alex Meyer, Mark Appel, Clint Frazier, Nick Gordon.

Comment

To Vikings,

The long shot catergory of two teams are Washington Redskins & Miami Dolphins.

I don't agree that the Redskins should be a long shot as RGIII took his team to the playoffs in 2012 but failed to advance due to his knee injury. The same holds true for 2013. I feel that in 2014, RGIII's knee will have been completely healed and that he'll be back to form for the 2014 NFL season. Ultimately, this is your list, and it is as accurate as can be. Great job!

The Bubble teams as you so described are the Atlanta Falcons and the Pittsburgh Steelers. As ucffans correctly states, only if the Falcons stay healthy. If the Falcons can overcome their hurdle of which is needed to get through Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints, they have a great chance at the Super Bowl!

I'll go out on a limb here and say that this years Super Bowl will be the Seahawks & Broncos. Personally, I would like the Broncos to win with Peyton to retire after this. But ultimately, in reality, the Seahawks are a true complete team as long as they sign Lynch back. There are three other teams that I feel are also strong. They are as follows,

Cowboys
        Giants
        Rams

This is my humble opinion.

Toshi

To Vikings,

Being a huge Favre fan, how excited were you in 2009 when Favre took the Vikings to the NFC Championship game?

It was in '09 that I viewed my first NFL football game of which your beloved Vikings played the Packers and Favre was victorious. I've been hooked since.

Who is your all time favorite Viking? My favorite is none other than Fran Tarkenton.
        Last edited by hayn; 06-15-2014, 06:22 AM.
        I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

I would like to add that if there was a university faculty of active QB's, the Dean would be Peyton Manning with Brady, Brees, and Rodgers as it's veteran professors. The 2012 QB's draft class ( Luck, RGIII, Wilson, and Tannehill) would be interns.

The reason I would like Peyton to retire with another ring is that this will make his rookie cards values move to a whole level up which is a great and fantastic thing for us collectors, not that his RC are not of worth. It will just add to the collectibility, value, and mystique!

Toshi
          I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

Comment

Let's not forget, Favre will be eligible for the HOF in two years so get your Favre RC cards now. They have been historically affordable, strong, and constant. I have noticed utilizing eBay matched with data from Beckett that his RC cards are quietly on the uptick. Remember my other motto; "By low, sell high"! Favre RC will be in a bullish market soon. Below are Favre cards that are reasonable yet difficult to find.

Proset Spanish and Classic French.

Cards that are difficult to find and are extremely cost prohibitive

Star Pics RC auto
            All Wild Card Stripes 5, 10, 20, 50, 1000
            1991 Stadium Club Super Bowl
            2009 Upper Deck 119a & 119b (Favre in Vikings uniform)

Ok, I'm getting out of control here. Sorry Vikings, I need to stop!

Toshi
            Last edited by hayn; 06-15-2014, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Any other predictions out there. I know it is early, but hockey and basketball are over... time to start thinking football!

Comment

Browns, Redskins, Chargers, Falcons.

The Falcons are a 12-win team if healthy, so they're a no-brainer for me. I say the Redskins because if RG3 can stay healthy, they should be good enough to compete for a Wild Card spot. The Chargers because the AFC as a whole is weak and they should be decent enough to squeak a Wild Card spot. And the Browns because....hell, a man can dream.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                Johnson/Mears/
                Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Let's take a look at some of our predictions. Buffalo and Cleveland were some decent picks that just fell short. Looks like San Diego and Atlanta could squeak it out. Steelers and AZ are already in.

Comment

Working...
                  X