Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why, oh why, oh why, does all former Cleveland athletes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why, oh why, oh why, does all former Cleveland athletes...

To my fellow forum members,

Some teams you just don't hear about, some teams you do, good or bad. We all know of and hear of, the Broncos, Pats, Hawks, etc. The Good and bad! Some examples of teams you just don't hear much about are in of the Jacksonville Jaguars. They just seem to struggle. You never hear much about the Cleveland Browns. They just seem to...

Wait a minute. I hear nothing but of the Browns in 2014, this and the Browns 2014 that. It's all about Johnny "Football" this or Johnny Manziel that! But that's not my issue here today. My issue is, why oh why do former Cleveland athletes seem to get cut or traded and win a title or perform better at and or with another team? In a former case in another sport, C.C. Sabathia of which whom won the World Series! Holy F#%^, WOW, and now the point of this thread of which I'm trying to make, Brandon "Weeble"/"Mr. American Flag" Weedon!

Now, I'm not knowledgeable in other sports, but I received four tickets to an owners box, (I was a very prolific Sushi Chef trained by the Personal Sushi Chef of the Emperor of Japan) with a full blown banquet meal in 1993-1994 to see the Cleveland Indians at home vs the Oakland A's. All paid for including free autos. Don't ask me about the autos! I gave away the Sabathia signed ball and a Cocoa Puff or a Cocoa Crispie Chocolate something player? I don't know? Right now I could care less!

Remember fellow forum members, I hated all sports until my two children played sports in school. My son was a wide receiver in football and a wrestler. My daughter played in the marching band, concert band, jazz band, soccer team (she made first team in her rookie year. She never played sports at all prior), track, cross country, basketball (Became a starter for a girl who didn't know what nor how to dribble a basketball), school paper photographer, yearbook photographer, DJ at 88.9 and eventually musical director, and finally making the prom court. Talk about one busy MOFO parent running all around the ends of the world like a chicken without a head! I'm glad it happened yet, I'm glad it's all done with.

Now, I'm all about football. During the very first game of the 2012 season, Brandon "Weeble/Mr. American Flag" Weedon, on a national televised game, get this, before the game started during the unveiling of the American flag, somehow got caught under it, and had to stupidly find his way out! What an embarrassing dumb a#%! After that incedent and that incedent alone, my support in him as a NFL player had definitely gone from a 50/50 decent player to a 90/10 full of sh%^ player. Currently, Brett my daughters boyfriend felt that "Weeble" would be a great contributing athlete for the Browns as well as a notable starting quarterback in the league. Brett owns a 2012 Topps 1984 "Throwback" Auto Rookie Card of Brandon Weedon. I guess having Coly McCoy, Brady Quinn, and Derek Andreson, as prior QB's would elevate "Mr. American Flag" to almost a mythical status according to Brett's research. Yah Right!

Just remember that "Weeble" was part of the most phenomenal draft class ever! His career literally fizzled out or did it? He is currently a back up QB for the Dallas Cowboys! What a game he played last night. On the ball in the money, he came out as more of the a typical starting QB as oppose to a back up QB. Now we all come to the realization of my title to this thread. As we can only guess what's and how his season in 2014 will end!

Toshi
    Last edited by hayn; 08-08-2014, 09:11 AM.
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

He put up amazing numbers in the preseason for the Browns last year too.......

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
      He put up amazing numbers in the preseason for the Browns last year too.......
      Yes, I do recall that. I just saw Colt McCoy, RGIII's back up do some incredible things. Knowing the luck we have in Cleveland, Weedon and McCoy will probably if not most likely take their teams to the playoffs as backups!

As for Johnny "Football"? Jsab4807, what do you think? Will Manziel make things happen?

Toshi
      Last edited by hayn; 08-08-2014, 05:58 PM.
      I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

Comment

I hope he does.....but honestly I don't care who the QB is as long as they win!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
        Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

I always find myself liking and rooting for the Browns and random players of theirs. I hope Johnny Football succeeds, CLE is a city that deserves some sporting success. Though Lebron'll probably take care of that, at which point I'll probably lose all affection for the city.

I was really high and Trent Richardson and Greg Little, which falls right in line with my being a terrible evaluator of NFL success...

I think as time goes on we'll start to see some of these 'failed' quarterbacks return. The NFL is such a 'win now' league that these guys get no chance to develop, two years and you're out the door. I'm not looking forward to when the Saints start searching for a replacement for Brees.
          “We got a long ways to go.”-Deuce McCallister

LSU grad and Aaron Brooks + era Saints fan...Collector of all interesting and odd cards Saints and LSU related. I shoot for any LSU/Saints Autos and Relic cards that I don't have one of yet, and am attempting to build a collection of every saints draft pick rookie ever, additionally certain /25 card sets and Topps Chrome Rainbows, of the man himself, Sir Drew Brees.

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
            I hope he does.....but honestly I don't care who the QB is as long as they win!
            Yes, I agree. Cleveland is in need of a win. Hell, the last championship win was in the 60's with Jim Brown!
            Last edited by hayn; 08-09-2014, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tzofosho View Post
              I always find myself liking and rooting for the Browns and random players of theirs. I hope Johnny Football succeeds, CLE is a city that deserves some sporting success. Though Lebron'll probably take care of that, at which point I'll probably lose all affection for the city.

I was really high and Trent Richardson and Greg Little, which falls right in line with my being a terrible evaluator of NFL success...

I think as time goes on we'll start to see some of these 'failed' quarterbacks return. The NFL is such a 'win now' league that these guys get no chance to develop, two years and you're out the door. I'm not looking forward to when the Saints start searching for a replacement for Brees.
              I don't know if LeBron can pull it off, we will have to wait and see.

Don't be so hard on you're self, you are as good as the many proffesional commentators we see each day.

Neither am I, they will need a rookie QB that can handle a high powered offense. For now, Drew Brees has many more years before he contemplates moving himself into a retirement mindset.
              Last edited by hayn; 08-09-2014, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X