Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Topps Inception Manziel /50 Silver Auto DAMAGED!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Topps Inception Manziel /50 Silver Auto DAMAGED!!!

Argh! So I pull a /50 Manziel silver pen auto from a box of 2014 Inception only to find out that the back has damage. I look on eBay and the same card (/50 silver auto) has the exact same damage as me!

Anyone else with this card: 2014 Topps Inception Rookie Silver Johnny Manziel Auto Autograph RC 9 50 SSP | eBay

You can clearly see in the eBay photo that at the back right side of the edge in the middle, the clear coat is peeled in an arc. Same exact damage on my card!

Does anyone have the same card with the same damage? Can't be a coincidence!

What can be done? I'm so afraid to even think about sending this back to Topps for a replacement with the fear that I will get some other "equal" value card back. Any thoughts? Otherwise it's a sweet looking card with a sweet signature.

Anyone have an email to Topps that would be a direct contact? I called their support line and the lady was clueless and kept telling me that I cannot be guaranteed to get the same card back....Argh...
    Last edited by Gunnderson; 08-12-2014, 08:56 PM.

I'm sorry your card turned out this way for such a great hit. Direct contact is the best way to go. I know that with Panini, you take photos of the damaged cards and email them with a request or you can send the card in. I had a 2012 Panini Prominence hit with peeling foil. I chose to mail the card and one week to the day, a new exact card was delivered. Of course the serial numbers on the original card was destroyed and a new serial number was issued on my card.

My experience with Topps is that I had a 2012 Topps Magic card redemption. My redemption has not been filled, this is year two. I spoke to the representative and he said they will send my redemption in two to three weeks. The representative asked if I had a request for a certain player? My first choice was a Andrew Luck Auto, we both laughed and my second choice was a Tom Brady Auto. At this point, the representative said why not, there's no guarantee and if there is an extra one lying around, they'll send it.

The only guarantees in life is Death and Taxes.

I know my issue was a redemption and yours is a damage card scenario. My recommendation is to contact Topps via phone and email and hope that this will be taken care of in your favor. I can wish you the best of luck my friend, I'm sorry if my diatribe is not what you're looking for.

Toshi
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Working...
    X