really getting annoyed with Ebay snippers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• really getting annoyed with Ebay snippers

These snippers waste alot of buyers time waiting for a 6 day auction to end and with 3 seconds left have a computer program enter their bid - this seems unfair - I wont be bidding on anymore 6 day auctions and hopefully more sellers will use the buy it now and best offer selections - there is always people that have to ruin the hobby for others

I know what you mean. I've tried to buy several cards as of late and keep getting the same result, losing in the last second on everyone.

Comment

I hear your pain, same here!

Comment

Same here man. That has happened to me before too. It sucks and ruins the hobby fun for everyone.

Comment

It happens all the time, to you, to me, to everyone. Just part of the way it goes on eBay. There is nothing holding you back from using a snipe program as well though, they are free.
          My Photobucket
          Craig Kimbrel, Brian Orakpo, and Sean Taylor Super Collector!
          I also collect Lucky 13 Football RCs by Fleer Ultra (04-07 all versions), Texas Longhorns, Miami Hurricanes, Virginia Tech Hokies, and Virginia Cavaliers alum RC/GU/AU in college uni. Also like current Redskins and Braves RC/GU/AU, Roger Federer, and players from the 757 (Hampton Roads) area.

Comment

Now dealing with a stalker on Ebay - jerk wins a card then bids up the next same card that gets listed with no intention of buying it -- just runs it up so others have to pay close or more than he did -- really wish there was a way to stop that --his user name is BMatlock5

Comment

I snipe, especially on stuff that ends late at night or early in the morning. If you bid your max bid, it shouldn't matter that you're being sniped unless their max bid is higher than yours.
              -Brady

Looking for mainly Cowboys, Andy Dalton
              http://sportscardalbum.com/u/bcw716
              http://s1291.beta.photobucket.com/us...62121686120534

Comment

Originally posted by bcw716 View Post
                I snipe, especially on stuff that ends late at night or early in the morning. If you bid your max bid, it shouldn't matter that you're being sniped unless their max bid is higher than yours.
                doesnt seem like that -- ex the bid was 125 and my max was 185 and with 3 seconds left I lose it for 186 - these snipers must have some kind of software that finds out everyones high bids

Comment

Originally posted by UTvols View Post
                  doesnt seem like that -- ex the bid was 125 and my max was 185 and with 3 seconds left I lose it for 186 - these snipers must have some kind of software that finds out everyones high bids
                  you have to enter in your max bid into the sniping program. It bids just like if you were sitting there watching it. Whoever sniped you had a max bid higher than your 185.

I've gotten outsniped many times. someone else was willing to pay more for the card than I was. Just how it goes.
                  -Brady

Looking for mainly Cowboys, Andy Dalton
                  http://sportscardalbum.com/u/bcw716
                  http://s1291.beta.photobucket.com/us...62121686120534

Comment

As of late shillers are really starting to become annoying -- as a buyer would you leave a neg on a seller that seems to shill ?

Comment

snipers having a hey day with sellers that charge 3.75 or more for shipping because nobody will bid very much anymore with those sellers -- they only hurt themselves with the high shipping charges

Comment

beat out several dirty filthy snipers the past week - feels good and they can suck it

Comment

Snipers are irritating, but shill bidders is the true issue.
                          Collecting Bears, current, and past greats, also picking up Lions, Vikings and set needs.

my bucket:
                          http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o128/ctkenjr/

Due to time constraints not all items are always in my bucket (older items and occasionally the newest stuff)

Comment

yeah I have encountered a few of those bums also -- and those new fake accounts that can only make 4 bids

Comment

Can someone explain to me where the money is coming from on these huge purchases. 23K for a Wander Franco. 12K, 16K, etc...How can someone spend 23K on an ungraded (I hate grading, but it serves its purpose in situations like this) card of a 18-19 year old kid. I know he's tearing it up, but these sales were in May? What is causing this? I was soooooo BIG on Luis Robert this offseason. But, I couldn't even jusitfy those prices, and now I see just how much money I could have made. But then I see a Verlander RC go for $500??? I'd rather invest in some 80's Tiffany. I understand this "bubble" as far as the "grading" goes as well as the high end cards. I mean I've held onto my 2016 Vlad Chrome Base Cards, and there are Franco cards going for more. I don't understand. Whats going to happen when Zion cards start hitting.

Comment

Working...
                              X