Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ejiminee
    replied
    Sorry to see him go, but glad he was with us for his whole career.

Leave a comment:

• cornwellfamily
    started a topic Lions announce Calvin Johnson has retired

Lions announce Calvin Johnson has retired

Calvin Johnson won't be making any music on the field in Motown anymore.

The Detroit Lions announced that the wide receiver retired on Tuesday after playing nine seasons with the team.

Johnson's announcement comes two months after the wideout released a statement that he was contemplating his NFL future.

"Like many players at this stage of their career, I am currently evaluating options for my future," Johnson said at the time. "I would expect to have a decision regarding this matter in the not-too-distant future."

Now that he has in fact decided to step away from the game, Johnson leaves the Lions as their all-time leading receiver. The perennial Pro Bowler hauled in 731 catches for 11,619 yards and had 83 touchdowns.

The wideout is the second Lions star to retire at just 30 years old. Hall of Fame running back Barry Sanders retired in 1998 at the same age.

Johnson is a six-time Pro Bowler and three-time NFL All-Pro selection. In 2012, he set an NFL record for the most receiving yards in a season at 1,964. He also has the second most receiving yards (329) in a game.

Around The NFL will have more on Johnson's retirement soon.
Working...
X