X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anderson starting against Bengals

Mangini names Anderson starter Sunday

Zac Jackson, Staff Writer 09.30.2009

Eric Mangini has named Derek Anderson the Browns' starting quarterback for Sunday's game against the Bengals.
    Anderson replaced Brady Quinn at halftime of last week's loss in Baltimore and finished the game, completing 11-of-19 passes for 92 yards.
    Anderson has been here before. He lost a 2007 training camp battle for the starting job to Charlie Frye but was named the starter before Week Two - coincidentally, a home game against the Bengals.
    Anderson threw for 328 yards and 5 touchdowns in that game, which marked the beginning of a string of seven straight home wins in what became a 10-win season for the Browns and a Pro Bowl season for Anderson, who ended up throwing for 3,787 yards and 29 touchdowns.
    He now takes over an offense that's scored just one touchdown in its first three games.
    Collecting all Cleveland teams, Ohio State Alumni, and Columbus Blue Jackets.
    My Bucket My Tradelists
    sigpic

Terrible decision...

You already know what you have in DA, you still don't know with Quinn.

Plus, after DA's performance against Baltimore, he's on pace for 96 INT's this season....

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Mangenius is the conductor for the train to loserville. Good luck all you Brownies.
      Only two Sports matter, One is on land (Football) and the other is on the water (Surfing).

I collect UVA Alumni but primarily Herman Moore and I am always looking for ones of his I don't have.

Of his stuff I have; 29 of 60 Auto's - 18 of 37 GU - 429 base/inserts/parallels

my trade stuff

Comment

3 games??? thats it? you invest a first rounder in this kid thinking he is your future and all he gets is 3 games!?!?!

Comment

I don't blame him. I can't take anymore 3 and outs every possession with Quinn at QB. At least Anderson can throw more than 5 yards.
          My Bucket My Tradelists
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by selby56 View Post
            I don't blame him. I can't take anymore 3 and outs every possession with Quinn at QB. At least Anderson can throw more than 5 yards.
            First off, the OC didn't let Quinn throw deep. Secondly, Anderson can throw more than 5 yards....to the DEFENSE. One half, 3 INTS?

Awesome.

Johnson/Mears/
            Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Season is over anyways. We will be lucky to win a game. Our defense can't stop anyone, we could have Peyton Manning or Matt Ryan and still not win games.
              My Bucket My Tradelists
              sigpic

Comment

We still play the Raiders!

SAM BRADFORD....COME TO CLEVELAND!

Johnson/Mears/
                Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
                  We still play the Raiders!

SAM BRADFORD....COME TO CLEVELAND!
                  We are planning on going to the Raiders game when we go up to Ohio during Christmas. Maybe we can bring some luck.

Oh and yes, Sam Bradford please. And second round pick needs to be a RT, and the rest of the picks are for defense.
                  My Bucket My Tradelists
                  sigpic

Comment

[sarcasm]Boy..that Anderson guy did terrible huh?[/sarcasm]
                    My Bucket My Tradelists
                    sigpic

Comment

We still lost....not sure why you're bragging about a guy who barely completed half of his passes.

And BTW....if he doesn't throw a pick on first-and-goal, the Browns win.

Johnson/Mears/
                      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

And if Jerome Harrison doesn't get stripped the Browns win. And if the receivers didn't have 4 drops, the Browns win.

Fact is, Anderson proved that he is the right guy to start for the Browns. All I ever heard from these Quinn fans was that Anderson was garbage and that Quinn would do so much better, and that obviously is not the case.
                        My Bucket My Tradelists
                        sigpic

Comment

Anderson has yet to prove that he's anything better than a backup QB....and he's had well over 30 starts to prove it. Quinn's had four.

Funny, looking bad on Anderson's first four starts of his career back in 2006, he was EASILY the worst QB I had ever watched play....

Johnson/Mears/
                          Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Where is Mr. Selby? DA 2/17 for 23 yards WOW

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                              Where is Mr. Selby? DA 2/17 for 23 yards WOW
                              lol..."mangenious" needs to be fired...

Brady Quinn is the future of that organization.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X