Edward Norton Will Be Replaced In Avengers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edward Norton Will Be Replaced In Avengers

Marvel Studios is replacing Edward Norton in the Avengers movie. The role of Bruce Banner will be recasted. I have agreed with all of Marvel Studios castings so far, but this one seems questionable. I think Norton did a great job in The Incredible Hulk.

A New Hulk for The Avengers

Didn't like him as the Hulk.

American History X and Fight Club were his best works.
    Randy
    United States Air Force, Retired
    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

my guess is they used him to restore the Hulk movie name after the Ang Lee debauchle- but they dont want to pay him the money he would demand for another Marvel movie especially if, as hinted at, the Hulk makes cameos in other pre-Avengers Marvel Movies

Comment

Here is the latest news from IGN.

A day after Marvel honcho Kevin Feige confirmed rumors that the studio would be hiring a different actor to play the role in Avengers, Norton's camp shot back with an angry message to Feige over the nature of his comments.

In his message yesterday, Feige said in part: "Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members."

Now, Norton's agent at WME, Brian Swardstrom, exclusively told HitFix, "We know a lot of fans have voiced their public disappointment with this result, but this is no excuse for Feige's mean spirited, accusatory comments. Counter to what Kevin implies here, Edward was looking forward to the opportunity to work with Joss and the other actors in the Avengers cast, many of whom are personal friends of his. Feige's statement is unprofessional, disingenuous and clearly defamatory. Mr. Norton talent, tireless work ethic and professional integrity deserve more respect, and so do Marvel's fans."

Swardstrom also recalled the parties' attempts at trying to make a deal over the last few weeks and how it didn't come to pass.

Comment

Working...
        X