My day at the National...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My day at the National...

So I got there around 10 with my 9 yr old daughter, we walked from the blue line since parking there was only $5 (3 block walk)...we were overwhelmed with all the tables and such. Went to BGS to see about grading my Walter Johnson Cut Auto, but onsite grading was going to take 2 days...I don't think there is anyway I could sit there and weed through all the boxes looking for stuff. That said we didn't go through a whole lot of the cheap auto and Gu bins either...basically I figured anything good was probably gone already. I was there for a few boxes and some Panini redemption packs...I thought about the Tristar Wrestling Package for $99 but decided I didn't want to wait in line for the autos. Walked around and The Cardboard Connection was doing trivia, so we stuck around and won some prizes...Anyway, best thing to get for Panini was the box of 10-11 Totally Certifed Basketball...6 packs (2 autos and 4 gu) for $95 (although I found a few places later for $90, but it was too late) and you get 12 redemption packs...While my daughter waited in line at Panini (line started at 11:15 for a 12 noon redemption start), I picked up a box of Rookies and Stars Football + 1 pack of season update basketball (5 redemption packs), 5 packs of season update basketball (1 redemption pack) and 1 pack of absolute basketball (2 redemption packs)...

Scans will be up later....

Prizes from Cardboard Connection:
    2005 Topps Pristine Benito Santiago bat card #271/500
    2005 UD SP Collection Brandon Inge AUto #45/199
    2004 Leaf Jack Wilson Auto

Season Update Basketball (6 packs):
    JR Smith Auto#268/299

Absolute Basketball (1 pack):
    Elliot Williams RPM Auto #335/499

2011 Leaf Rookies and Stars:
    Demarco Sampson #9/49
    Chris Culliver #237/249
    Steve Johnson #128/249
    Vincent Brown #453/500
    Daniel Thomas #271/500

Ryan Williams Rookie Revolution GU #234/299
    Malcolm Floyd Longevity 3 color Patch #34/50
    Evan Royster Auto #306/350
    Greg Little Patch Auto #291/299

10-11 Panini Totally Certified:
    Chris Anderson GU #95/249
    Leandro Barbosa GU #150/249
    Ben Gordon GU #220/249
    Antawn Jamison GU #98/99
    Evan Turner Auto GU #205/599
    Derrick Favors Auto GU #382/599

Panini Redemption Packs (20):
    Kevin Durant #/25
    AJ Green #/10

My daughter pulled all 3 of these in her 10 packs...I got nada:
    1/1 Sketch card by Andy Dalton
    8x10 auto of Edmund Gates
    16x20 blow-up auto of AJ Green :flex: ...its dinged on 2 of its corners, but it was the only one they had...had to buy a 18x24 poster holder to put it in...

Scans will come later but we were only there for 4 hrs and had a blast...
    Not looking for anything specific, just whatever catches my eye, but I am partial to Chicago Cubs, David Wright, Jim Palmer, Miguel Cabrera, and Yao Ming

My Bucket

Your daughter pulled some awesome stuff
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Awesome haul!

Interested in these if they're available:

2011 Leaf Rookies and Stars:
        Greg Little Patch Auto #291/299

10-11 Panini Totally Certified:
        Antawn Jamison GU #98/99

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
        Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

The tristar lines for the TNA stuff weren't to bad, except Flair, who's line was incredibly long

Comment

man sounds like you did great.

Would love to see that Dalton scanned

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

i'll scan it later...but be warned, some of the sketches are pretty horrible...

if you look at completed listings on ebay, you see some were cool, like sketches of playbooks or funny drawings....mine from Dalton was pretty lame...when my daughter saw it she said " oh I saw those in the case, I thought some kids had drawn them"
              Not looking for anything specific, just whatever catches my eye, but I am partial to Chicago Cubs, David Wright, Jim Palmer, Miguel Cabrera, and Yao Ming

My Bucket

Comment

^ Yeah I have seen most of them. Thats why i want to see it lol. Some of them crack me up

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

scans added of the Panini wrapper Redemption hits:

Edmund Gates 8x10 Auto

Andy Dalton 1/1 Sketch Card Front and Back

A.J. Green 16 x 20 Blow up Auto...put a normal size card next to it to show the size difference

My Bucket

Comment

Not too bad, I went Saturday all day, found a few diamonds in the rough in the cheapie GU/auto boxes, but nothing earth shattering. My panini redemptions (10 of them) were all commons except two /25. I was a bit ticked since I watched the panini rep feel "sort" through the packs as he "randomly" gave me mine.
                    Collecting Bears, current, and past greats, also picking up Lions, Vikings and set needs.

my bucket:
                    http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o128/ctkenjr/

Due to time constraints not all items are always in my bucket (older items and occasionally the newest stuff)

Comment

Working...
                    X