Stage Collapses at Sugarland Show Indiana State Fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage Collapses at Sugarland Show Indiana State Fair

INDIANAPOLIS – A stage collapsed during a powerful storm at the Indiana State Fair on Saturday, sending steel scaffolding into the terrified crowd below and killing at least four people among fans awaiting a performance by the country band Sugarland.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/13...#ixzz1V2ZsndtC

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Wow, that was scary, incredibly unfortunate.

Comment

Live very close to there. This is all the the talk right now. Death toll up to 5 now.

Collecting Ken Dilger, Indiana Hoosiers autos, and Indianapolis Colts Rookies
      Colts Rookie Collection: 408 Different Players
      Ken Dilger Collection: 261/445 (58.6%)

Tradelist
      Colts Rookie Collection
      Ken Dilger Collection

Comment

Saw this early this morning,5 dead and some injured.

I heard that they only had 4 mins notice of the storm coming from the state troopers which isn't much of a warning at all.
        Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

This is what Ive been doing... Sugarland had way too many moving lights for an outdoor gig..

If anyone's to blame other then Mother Nature it's Sugarlands overkill production.

Comment

honestly I have worked/supervised 100's of shows with more lights that man(of course not working directly with the stage crew but just observing from the stage area pre/during/after shows).. Accidents happen and without those hanging lights that structure was coming down. It is just a shame all the way around for sure

Comment

I agree. With the wind whipping through the way it was that stage unfortunately had no chance. There were alot of people at that venue. If there really was only 5 minutes advanced notice of the storm coming then I can't see any way for all of those people to have been able to leave the area safely. My thoughts and prayers go out to those who were lost in this tragedy.
              TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
              A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

From what I have read and heard the show promoters knew a few hours out about the storm but did not think anything would happen like this.

They decided to try and evacuate the people 4-5 mins before it hit which is not enough time.

60-70 mph winds are going to knockdown that stage (or any stage for that matter)

Sad and prayers go out to everyone that was there.
                Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

They said they thought they had another 30 mins before the storm hit. Just was meant to happen. It's life.

Collecting Ken Dilger, Indiana Hoosiers autos, and Indianapolis Colts Rookies
                  Colts Rookie Collection: 408 Different Players
                  Ken Dilger Collection: 261/445 (58.6%)

Tradelist
                  Colts Rookie Collection
                  Ken Dilger Collection

Comment

Ive done hundreds of shows just like this so far in my life... For an outdoor gig, all they needed was parcan lights and a few moving lights. To have 50 moving lights for maybe 30-40 mins of darkness is just retarted. Mother nature is to blame obviously, but Sugarland had too much crap.. Normally main acts take their production down a notch since its outside...

Comment

I guess maybe they do it different on the east coast for they do not tone it down here
                      Last edited by wheeler281; 08-17-2011, 09:11 AM. Reason: spell check

Comment

Working...
                      X