Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cornwellfamily
    replied
    Damn, and the guy I sold my car too said it was real.

Leave a comment:

• key2win
    replied
    $500 Bill - William McKinley
    $1000 Bill - Grover Cleveland
    $5000 Bill - James Madison
    $10,000 Bill - Salmon P. Chase
    $100,000 Bill - Woodrow Wilson

I have no clue who Salmon P. Chase was, so I looked it up online. Per Wikipedia

Salmon P. Chase was an American politician and jurist who served as U.S. Senator from Ohio and the 23rd Governor of Ohio; as U.S. Treasury Secretary under President Abraham Lincoln; and as the sixth Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court.

Leave a comment:

• jsab4807
    replied
    Who's that on the $10K bill? A US Treasury guy or something?

Leave a comment:

• bobjah
    replied
    just had to be a guy from the Carolinas

Leave a comment:

• key2win
    replied
    I was really into learning about the different types of currency when I was 7 years old. This is still interesting to me today. Here are the "Large" US currency that was at one time in circulation from the late 1800s to the mid 1940s. They were all taken out of circulation by the 1940s. There is an art gallery near where I live that actually has all these bills framed up and costs a fortune. I have also seen these real bills on EBAY and they go for 5x to 6x the face value depending on their condition. Very cool stuff!

$500 Bill

$1000 Bill

$5000 Bill

$10,000 Bill

$100,000 Bill (Never in Circulation, but Used by the U.S. Govt)

Leave a comment:

• OriolesFan
    replied
    The largest denomination ever printed by the U. S. Govt. was the $100,000 bill, and it wasn't printed for individual/public use. The largest, currently, is the $100 bill. This guy evidently didn't know what is, or has for that matter, being used in circulation.

Leave a comment:

• ucffans
    replied
    Sometimes I do stupid things, but never something like this! It is refreshing to know there are idiots out there that can give us all a laugh! I wonder if I will see it on World's Dumbest on TruTv - I love that show!

My 7 year old found a 1,000,000 with Santa Claus' picture on it that he was very excited about. Even he had the intelligence to ask me if it was real!
    Last edited by ucffans; 01-01-2012, 02:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• key2win
    started a topic Man Tries To Use Million Dollar Bill At Walmart

Man Tries To Use Million Dollar Bill At Walmart

Cops: Man tried to use $1,000,000 bill at Walmart - US news - Weird news - msnbc.com

LEXINGTON, N.C. — Do you have change for a million-dollar bill?

Police say a North Carolina man insisted his million-dollar note was real when he was buying $476 worth of items at a Walmart.

Investigators told the Winston-Salem Journal that 53-year-old Michael Fuller tried to buy a vacuum cleaner, a microwave oven and other items. Store employees called police after his insistence that the bill was legit, and Fuller was arrested.

The largest bill in circulation is $100. The government stopped making bills of up to $10,000 in 1969.

Fuller was charged with attempting to obtain property by false pretense and uttering a forged instrument. He is in jail on a $17,500 bond, and it isn't clear if he has an attorney. He is scheduled to be in court Tuesday.
Working...
X