Top 5 musicians of the 80's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 5 musicians of the 80's

I was having a discussion on the top 5 musicians of the 80's. Our definition was based on number of hits, number of #1 songs, influence on music, recognition for generations to come, and mainstream/radio play.

In no order we came up with:
    Michael Jackson
    Madonna
    Prince
    Whitney Houston

We could not agree on a #5. Some ideas were: Police, Journey, Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen, John Cougar Melloncamp.

Thoughts?
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

All good choices. I would add Bon Jovi, U2 and Def Leppard. "Hysteria" was a huge album and very much anticipated after "Pyromania". Kinda hard to narrow it down to just five. I would say that my 5 Top 5 albums of the 80's were: Hysteria, Thriller, Slippery When Wet, Soldiers Under Command, and Night Songs.

Comment

Originally posted by moosejaw00 View Post
      I throw in U2 for your consideration~

I looked on line and they had U2 as number 5. I guess my own hesitation with them would be they were mostly later 80's. I guess the same could be said about Whitney Houston, too...
      Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
      Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
      Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Originally posted by jwgreen68 View Post
        All good choices. I would add Bon Jovi, U2 and Def Leppard. "Hysteria" was a huge album and very much anticipated after "Pyromania". Kinda hard to narrow it down to just five. I would say that my 5 Top 5 albums of the 80's were: Hysteria, Thriller, Slippery When Wet, Soldiers Under Command, and Night Songs.
        Loved Hysteria, Pyromania, Slippery When Wet, and I'll have to throw in High InFidelity by REO Speedwagon.

Comment

I don't know much about 80's music, but it looks as if you got it pretty much nailed down
          U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
          http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
          Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
          Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

The number five spot would probably have to Bruce, Bon Jovi or U2 really. All were huge, and really all were great. It would be hard to choose which one I would say would go into the top 5. It would be easier to form a top ten and have it stick than a top five.
            my bucket (always being updated): http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/tbbthelegend/

Jacksonville Jaguars Spreadsheet

Collection Jacksonville Jaguars - 3134 Total - 1080 Rookies - 616 Serial #ed - 185 Game Used - 243 Autos

so I'm always on the lookout if you want to work out a trade.

Comment

Working...
            X