general help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• general help

I am having the hardest time trying to figure out how to organize my collection. I bounce from books to boxes back to books. It's quite maddening. Not to mention I can't narrow down my interests. I LOVE IT ALL!!!! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am fairly new for the 8th time.

The best thing about this Hobby is you can collect whoever you want. I usually keep my personal collection of cards in books, some are in display cases, and the over flow are in boxes.
    U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
    Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
    Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

My 8000+ Frank Thomas cards are each in soft sleeves/toploaders/teambag and most are boxed up but some are on display.

My Hofer auto's and G/U are stored the same all individually in soft sleeves/toploaders and teambags in a heavy duty file cabinet with a few on display and all my overflow cards are in mostly 800 count boxes that my wife wants to burn,lol

Whatever you decide just make sure they are safe.
      Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

I keep all of my 14,000+ unique(no doubles) Albert Pujols cards in penny sleeves and top loaders, unless they're in graded cases. Then I keep them in 600 count shoe boxes, sorted by years. When I built my new house last year, I had a fire-proof vault built into the wall of my man cave. I keep everything in there along with my guns, etc.. I purchased wall display cases and already have several floor cases but haven't had the time or energy to display everything.

I keep my favorite Cardinals, Rookies, GU's and Autos stored the same way plus have albums of Cardinals that my son can look at. Everything else goes into 3200 ct. boxes and are stored the same way.

I keep a computerized list of all my Pujols cards, plus several Photobucket accounts to keep a detailed inventory. It's great for insurance purposes. I spend a lot of time scanning and inventorying my PC.

My wife thinks I'm addicted but I just don't get it.
        Last edited by jwgreen68; 02-19-2013, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X