Name Your Favorite Movie Scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Your Favorite Movie Scenes

What are some of your favorite movie scenes? Please be respectful to others and dont get too graphic in the details. LOL!

The cannonade leading up to Pickett's charge from Gettysburg. I wish I had been there when they filmed it.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dlong1 View Post
      The cannonade leading up to Pickett's charge from Gettysburg. I wish I had been there when they filmed it.

Dan
      That is quite a scene. One of many that makes that movie for me, and the fact they were allowed to film on the actual battlefield grounds. Very few Civil War films have had the liberty of filming on the actual battlefields.
      I collect Redskins, Rams, Captials, Nationals, Washington Senators (Old Baseball not the Canadian Hockey team), Orioles, Bullets/Wizards, Non-Sport, Autos and HOFers. Also 1983 NFL Huddles mascot figures (2" PVC)

Master Want List / CaptKirk42 Card Blog / Curly W Cards Blog

sigpic
      #d 40/50

Comment

Posting in the quotes thread made me think that the entire Football game scene(s) in the film M*A*S*H is good stuff. Other than Hotlips having no clue about any of the nuances of the game, there are two particular things Like with the game make that 3.

1) When the 4077 drug the other camps ringer after finally tackling him to knock him out of the game.
        2) One of the linesmen says "Alright Bub you're head is coming right off", a second later he gets knocked on his rear.
        3) One of the trick plays were (I forget the character) starts to the sideline holding his stomach, and then reveals "I've got the ball, I've got the ball", and then goes on to score a touchdown.
        I collect Redskins, Rams, Captials, Nationals, Washington Senators (Old Baseball not the Canadian Hockey team), Orioles, Bullets/Wizards, Non-Sport, Autos and HOFers. Also 1983 NFL Huddles mascot figures (2" PVC)

Master Want List / CaptKirk42 Card Blog / Curly W Cards Blog

sigpic
        #d 40/50

Comment

Originally posted by CaptKirk42 View Post
          That is quite a scene. One of many that makes that movie for me, and the fact they were allowed to film on the actual battlefield grounds. Very few Civil War films have had the liberty of filming on the actual battlefields.
          My re-enactor buddies were supposed to let me know when they were filming it and I was going to go with them.

The only place that they were allowed to film on was the field of Picketts Charge. The rest of the battlefield has too many monuments to allow for filming. If you go there they will tell you where the rest of the film was shot at and you can go there.

During a lull in filming of Picketts Change, the re-enactors were setting around the stone wall and Jane Fonda jumped up on it and tried to yell some encouragement to them. Being that a lot of them were vietnam vets, well you can figure out what the response was.

Just off to the North of the field is General Picketts Buffet. When you walk inside there are autographed pictures of most of the Hollywood cast. I had a tough time not taking a few of them home with me.

Dan

Comment

the end of Field of Dreams, when Kevin Costners character asks "hey Dad, wanna have a catch"

I tear up everytime I see that scene

Comment

Originally posted by dlong1 View Post
              My re-enactor buddies were supposed to let me know when they were filming it and I was going to go with them.

The only place that they were allowed to film on was the field of Picketts Charge. The rest of the battlefield has too many monuments to allow for filming. If you go there they will tell you where the rest of the film was shot at and you can go there.

During a lull in filming of Picketts Change, the re-enactors were setting around the stone wall and Jane Fonda jumped up on it and tried to yell some encouragement to them. Being that a lot of them were vietnam vets, well you can figure out what the response was.

Just off to the North of the field is General Picketts Buffet. When you walk inside there are autographed pictures of most of the Hollywood cast. I had a tough time not taking a few of them home with me.

Dan
              I re-enacted at Gettysburg in the summer of 08. It was hot as hell, and humid to boot, but it was a fantastic time, something I wont soon forget

Comment

when jim carlson is interviewing french-canadian goaltender denis lemieux in the opening scene of slapshot, and denis is explaining the finer points of the game to the audience. absolutely hilarious

Great Traders:cardjim,TomR,avsbruins65,Leafsfan1967,ty4o rce,bumpersample,NattyBoo,fatfrank,DoubleD

MY EBAY: http://shop.ebay.com/chefmc/m.html?_...&_trksid=p3686

Comment

Lou"i asked your mom if she would marry me"
                  Billy"what did she say"
                  Lou"she said to ask you"
                  Billy"Hit a homer"
                  Blah blah

Then griffey robs him,awesome moment

this is just 1 of many,but this one is pretty funny(Randy Johnson coming in to close the game lol) and awesome
                  Click My Banner To See My Bucket
                  Click My Banner To See My Bucket

Comment

Princess Bride. There are so many from that movie.

During the sword fight, when Inigo Montoya says I'm not left handed. Then after, the Dread Pirate Roberts says, I'm not left handed either.
                    http://photobucket.com/cards_for_trade_or_sale
                    and my personal auto collection
                    http://photobucket.com/tiger_tiger_cards_PC
                    Autograph cards WANTS: Mike Vernon, Larry Kwong, Bob Cole
                    Wants: GU All star net cards, 72, 76 Future Trends autos.

Comment

Its incocievable
                      Photobucket link
                      http://s637.photobucket.com/home/skilde/index
                      Please don't tell me you want something of mine without having a list or photobucket updated and ready Thanks, Seth

Comment

Working...
                      X