Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely Rare Nintendo Game Listed on eBay

Extremely Rare Nintendo Game Listed on eBay - IGN

An extremely rare NES cartridge has been listed on eBay, where it's expected to fetch a huge amount of money.

Only 116 copies of Nintendo World Championships were ever manufactured, as competition prizes back in 1990, so were never available on general sale.

Despite the fact that the label is torn and "Mario" has been scribbled on it in ballpoint, the "super-rare" nature of the item means it's still likely to raise a huge amount of interest. "This is quite unfortunate but happened many decades ago," reads the description, which adds that the original owner didn't have "a clue what they actually had".

The cartridge features shortened versions of Super Mario, Tetris and Rad Racer. It was on these three classics that competition entrants were tasked with scoring the most points in six minutes, with the winner receiving various prizes. All 90 of the semi-finalists got a grey cartridge like the one on auction, though some golden cartridges were made for a separate Nintendo Power competition.

The auction ends tomorrow, with a high bid of $5,500 at the time of writing. The last time one of these was publicly sold was in 2011 at a charity auction, where it fetched $11,000. That one was in better condition, however.

$60,099 now when I looked at the auction.

Comment

$94,200. 9 hrs to go.

Comment

Where is the eBay link at?

Comment

Originally posted by checkmycards2013 View Post
          Where is the eBay link at?
          Here's the link:NES Nintendo World Championship Cart RARE Torn Label 100 Authentic Adult Owned | eBay

$99K plus, with more than 20 min to go.
          My Bucket: http://s1284.beta.photobucket.com/us...ghost/library/

I collect: TRAE ARBET, Austin Meadows, Gregory Polanco

Comment

$99,902. Hammer down. I wonder when the dust settles what the serious bid will be. I really can't imagine anyone putting that kind of money down on something like that, but I guess people have that kind of money to burn on anything.

Comment

Turns out a number of the bids on this one were troll bids. No mention found as to what it really went for.

Related: Another one in pristine condition shows a $20,000 bid, and there's a gold one (I guess 26 of those made, total) that shows a $100000+ bid with a day left.
              Last edited by Glenn9999; 02-03-2014, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X