The Toshi's Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Toshi's Part 2

Great grandmother Miura, Taki (Maiden Name Hara) had many children of only one that I met and another I called grandfather, Richard Miura. The only thing I have of my great grandfather is a grave stone which later included my great grandmother Taki. I did notice a family crest on the grave stone. These crests in Japan are exactly like the crests that exsisted in Europe. Each crest represented a specific family, unfortunately after doing some reaserch, I realized that this was the crest of my great grandmother Hara, and not the Miura crest.

On the current map of Japan via Google, you can type in "Map of Japan Miura Penninsula Hanto". From documents that no one is able to understand except professors whom teach ancient Japanese language, (I have a cousin on my moms side that is a professor) I found out that the Miura clan, this now sounds like a Braveheart movie, were once prominent in that area hence the namesake. The area was a vast and important rich agricultural area. Japan is mountainous and has very little arable land available. As you can see, the Miura Penninsula is located on the Pacific side of Japan near the Capitol of Tokyo, the ancient name for Tokyo was Edo (A-Doh).

According to texts, we once provided the new Capitol of Edo with produce and seafood. Much went to the Daimyo (Die-me-Yo) and the Emperor of Japan or Ten no Hekka (Ten-Know-Hay-kah). I later learned that not only did I resemble my mothers brother, many felt that I was more of a Hanyu (Hah-n-You) my mothers maiden name, then a Miura. I later felt that was so. This will be explained in another chapter.

That much I know of the Miura clan before arriving on the island of Oahu. I know that great grandmothers oldest son left as a seaman and ended up married in Northern California in a palatial mansion with antique cars and ancient collectible guns. Great grandmother never knew of none of this as he never wrote her back. She literally lived in squalor and did her best by working for Dole Cannery and taking in laundry for people. It is a common fact the everyone borne during this time labored for Dole, much of the stories resembled a form of slavery as workers died from hunger, thirst, and having little else. Now, the high school graduate has to look forward to laboring in the hotel industry like Mrs.Toshi and I. We just found a way and made it out of Honolulu, Hawaii. Laboring as hotel employees for the rest of our lives was not in our plans.

My grandfather met my grandmother whom both were way too young at the age of 15 and had my Aunt Phyllis and my Father, Allan Toshio Miura Sr. Of course grandfather and grandmother seperated and later married and raised two seperate families. I realized such situations exsisted prior to our modern day issues. It was naive of me to think that the old school generation walked the straight and narrow line all the while fearing God. Everything that we, in the 21st. century agree to disagree on, has been a part of our history since the first homosapiens walked the earth. Eventually, great grandmother raised both grandchildren as her own. My father told me stories of how wood was needed to create a fire so that they could take hot baths and buying candy for a penny were too expensive of a luxury for them. All this during and after the "Great Deppression". These are common stories that the "Great Deppression" showed no mercy nor discrimination. I found the most intriguing story from my father happened on December 7, 1941.

Toshi
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi
Working...
X