The Toshi's Part 1 Correction due to new info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Toshi's Part 1 Correction due to new info

My brother Matt lives in Palm Springs, his visits during the holiday season is as if Santa Clause brought me gifts. I don't no why, as I have been naughty. LOL! Matt read my threads on "The Toshi's". What he told me put me in shock and awe. Here is what he researched.

A few years ago, I found out that Great Grandmother was literate and well versed. For a female to be highly educated in those times was not only rare but unheard of, I also questioned why would an educated female marry a nobody? In Japan, like ancient European societies, one marries within their class. A type of caste system if you will. Women had very little rights during this time in history and were thought of as property and second rate citizens. This did not add up. Through my research, and my recent visit to Japan to lay our mother to rest at her place of birth, I found what I was looking for. Almost!

Why would great grandmother being an educated female travel three thousand miles to marry great grandfather? Who or what was our great grandfather? As Toshi pointed out, our cousin is a professor at Tokyo University. Delving into documents with him, we found that our methods were wrong in trying to find out who this man was. We first looked at the timeline and found that the emperor that reigned was Meiji. He threw out the old ways and modernized Japan. By moving in this direction the ruling classes or "Shogun" were abolished. We found a text that indicated our great grandfather strongly believed in the old ways. He found that his life was in danger and made his way to America. If members of this forum are acquainted with the movie called "The Last Samurai" with Tom Cruise, then you will understand the persecution that was involved. This movie followed the historical events with one exception, Tom Cruise. But that's Hollywood!

The events that followed especially in regards to a marriage were also incorrect. Women did not freely choose their potential mate, marriages were arranged. In all likelihood, this union was arranged when Emperor Meiji was simply inline to become the next emperor. Then why this cloak and dagger stories? It is now clear that in order for the Miura's to continue their lineage, our history must be handled under secrecy or the lives of great grandfathers heirs would be assassinated. We could not go any further as we were missing the one key piece that could assist me in my search of our families beginning, Mon or our family crest. As Toshi correctly stated, everything was destroyed in order to keep the family safe.

Mattheiw T. Miura

You should have seen my jaw dropped, this was such an absolute shock for me that it took me several days before I could write another correction to the prior thread. Still in disbelief and shock!

Toshi
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi
Working...
X