Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Durant On Cover For NBA 2K15

The Cover Athlete for NBA 2K15 is... - IGN

Newly crowned NBA league Most Valuable Player Kevin Durant has been named the cover athlete for the next iteration of the NBA 2K sim basketball series.

“It’s something that I’ve been longing for for a while," Durant said on the conference call announcing his cover apperance, "and I’m just grateful for the opportunity.”

Durant was just named the NBA MVP after finishing as the runner-up in the voting for the past three seasons to last year's NBA 2K cover man, LeBron James. He has also won an Olympic gold medal and appeared in one NBA Finals so far in his career. He also claims to play a lot of the NBA 2K series.

“I begged them to put me on the cover," Durant said when asked what 2K had to do to get him to agree to be on the cover. "I really think nobody plays the game as much as I do. I wanted to be a part of it.”

Asked what he enjoys most about the series, Durant said, “I enjoy playing the myPlayer mode. Taking your guy through a season, getting drafted…I feel that’s how it is as a real NBA player. It’s about the journey.”

And does he play as himself and his Oklahoma City Thunder teammates? “I never play with our team for some reason," he answered with a laugh. "In my house you have to pick a random team and just play. That’s how we see how good you are.”
Working...
X