Card Show Survival Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Card Show Survival Kit

This weekend I've been blessed with the opportunity to attend two card shows. Tonight there's the GTSM Memorabilia Show at the Santa Clara Convention Center which happens to be right across the street from Levi's Stadium. There will be a bunch of former and current San Francisco 49ers, San Francisco Giants, and Golden State Warriors signing today and tomorrow. Unfortunately the prices they're charging for autographs are way out of my league.

But that's okay because if things go as planned, I'll be saving my money for the Serramonte Sports Card, Toys, and Collectibles Show. It's my favorite show of the year, because there's a little bit of everything and there's always at least two guys who have solid dime boxes to dig though.

Hopefully I'll run into Brady... who authors Yadier Molina Baseball Cards. If I do, it'll be the first time I actually meet a fellow blogger.

Anyways... last weekend he asked his readers the following question...

What should I bring to the show?

I figured I'd answer his question and show off my Card Show/Flea Market Survival Kit:

Let's kick things off with my backpack. It's your standard two compartment JanSport backpack. Inside the main compartment, I pack the following:

500ct Box

First up is a 500ct. box with the following: team bags, penny sleeves, a plastic grocery bag, a variety of top loaders, and plastic storage boxes.

I carry a 330ct. box too, just in case I need extra room for dime box purchases. Within the box, I keep a 100ct. plastic storage box.

I also carry an Ultra Promagazine sleeve that holds an 8.5" x 11" top loader, a 6" x 9" top loader, and a pair of 5" x 7" top loaders for those oversized purchases.

And just in case I run out of room in my backpack, I carry a reusable grocery bag. Oh... can't forget my bottle of water.

Inside of the smaller pouch, I carry a bunch of random items like snacks, hand sanitizer, a pen, note pad, more penny sleeves, and some spare change.

Okay... it's time for you guys to chime in.

Any suggestions for my card show survival kit?

Happy Friday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X