Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Damon Returns To Bourne Movie Franchise

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/matt-da...185409842.html

I loved the first three movies, ok not so much the second. Didnt really care for the fourth one with Jeremy Renner. This should be good.

Matt Damon will once again play Jason Bourne in a sequel set to hit theaters in 2016.

TheWrap reported in September that both Damon and director Paul Greengrass were plotting a return to the franchise. At the time, representatives for Universal and Greengrass had no comment, but E! News reported on Saturday that Damon himself confirmed the news. Right after Ben Affleck blurted it out first.

“Well, [Damon’s] going to be doing a Bourne movie next fall when I’ve just completely lost any semblance of physical fitness,” Affleck said Friday night at an event celebrating season four of Project Greenlight.

“Yes, next year,” Damon clarified.”It’ll be in 2016 when the movie will actually come out. Paul Greengrass is going to do another one and that’s all I ever said. I just needed him to say yes.”

Damon said just that last May while discussing being “open” to once again playing the rogue government spy created by author Robert Ludlum.

Jeremy Renner took over the franchise reigns as super spy Aaron Cross in 2012’s Bourne Legacy, which Universal is also developing a sequel for. Renner’s next chapter was slated for July 16 in 2016, but it sounds like Damon may have taken his spot.
Working...
X