Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam West Passes Away At Age 88

Adam West dies at 88: Hollywood pays homage to 'Batman' icon

Adam West, one of the most iconic actors to ever wear the Batman cape and cowl, died on Friday at the age of 88.

The West family shared the news on Facebook, writing that the actor died "after a short but brave battle with leukemia. He was a beloved father, husband, grandfather, and great-grandfather. There are no words to describe how much we'll miss him."

As soon as news broke, fans in Hollywood -- from comic book writers to film stars -- started to share their condolences and pay homage to their childhood hero.

Burt Ward, who acted alongside West as Batman's Robin, spoke to Variety via a statement about losing a man he knew for more than 50 years.

“I am devastated at the loss of one my very dearest friends. We shared some of the most fun times of our lives together," Ward said. "Our families have deep love and respect for each other. This is a terribly unexpected loss of my lifelong friend. I will forever miss him. There are several fine actors who have portrayed Batman in films. In my eyes, there was only one real Batman that is and always will be Adam West. He was truly the Bright Night.”
Working...
X