Gang Starr's Guru Dead At 43

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gang Starr's Guru Dead At 43

Just over a month since undergoing surgery following a heart attack, Gang Starr MC Guru (born Keith Elam) has died at age 43. According to a statement, Guru died of cancer-related causes on Monday after a long fight with the disease.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/163...ng_starr.jhtml
    Last edited by B.I.G.Poppa; 04-20-2010, 06:47 PM.
    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

I never knew him on a personal level, but I respected his abilities as a real rapper. I'm just a bit torn right now, Gang Star has been one of my favorites for a long time, they're true hip-hip and are unlike all this bubble-gum, ringtone, fake gangsta crap of today.

R.I.P. Guru
    Last edited by B.I.G.Poppa; 04-20-2010, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Sad news...

Comment

Just to update, Solar, whom Guru made his new DJ in 2002 after the split from Gangstarr's other half (DJ Premier), had a hand in killing Guru. Just a dirty, evil man that I hope the worst on. He forged a letter claiming to be Guru's letter from his deathbed, denied contact between Guru and his family during his stay in the hospital, collected royalties off Guru's old albums, abused Guru and refused to let him see a doctor when the cancer was still treatable, masqueraded as Guru while has was still in a coma and messed around with his money and houses, and is trying to capitalize off Guru's death by trying to sell unreleased records!

Karma to Solar!
        R.I.P. Guru!
        Long Live Gangstarr!
        Last edited by B.I.G.Poppa; 05-17-2010, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X