No announcement yet.

Best looking base sets? (90s and later)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best looking base sets? (90s and later)

So what's everyone's favourite base set designs from the mid 90s to later on? Just in terms of aesthetic looks. I love some of the newer thick high end cards like Panini Prime (gorgeous base with the gold in the back) but these are expensive of course and I prefer to get the cheaper ones. Also love the artifacts design lately.

I asked this question elsewhere, these ones were popular (and they look good to me after browsing through COMC:
    00/01 Topps Gold Label
    01/02 Upper Deck
    93/94 Leaf
    94/95 Leaf Limited
    94/95 Parkhurst Vintage SE
    94/95 Score Select
    94/95 Ultra
    94/95 Donruss
    95/96 Pinnacle
    96/97 Donruss Canadian Ice
    96/97 metal universe
    96/97 SPX
    96/97 Upper Deck
    97/98 Leaf International Universal
    97/98 pinnacle certified
    97-98 Donrus Priority
    97-98 Donruss Preferred
    97-98 revolution
    98-99 SPX Finite Radiance
    99/00 HoloGRFX
    99-00 Pacific Dynagon Ice

my personal favorite,because of the photography,(and the RC's have absolutely nothing to do with it), ,is the '05-'06 Upper Deck base set

Comment

Great idea! This could involve a ton of research, but since I don't have a lot of time... I'm going to go with just a few off the top of my head:

68/69 Topps
      90/91 Pro Set
      94/95 Flair

If I have some free time later on this afternoon... I'll go through my Owen Nolan binder to find some more of my favorite designs.
      Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X