Fan Bids Crazy Amount For Team Toilet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan Bids Crazy Amount For Team Toilet

Leafs fan bids $5,300 for Maple Leaf Gardens toilet, is flush with victory | Puck Daddy - Yahoo! Sports

Ontario lawyer Jim Vigmond had his sights set on the 1967 Stanley Cup Banner during a recent online auction of items from old Maple Leaf Gardens. Unfortunately, he wasn't the only one, and it soon skyrocketed out of his price range. (No surprise there. The Leafs have hardly shown signs of procuring another one since.)

Undeterred, however, he bought the next best thing: The dressing room toilet.

After a whopping 49 bids, the most of any of the 112 items up for auction, Vigmond won the right to sit where the greats of Maple Leaf history once evacuated for $5,300.

(That's a ton of money, considering you can watch the present-day Leafs serve up a real turd for about $120.)

As he explains, it's not as bad as it sounds. Vigmond was willing to go as high as $10,000 for what one can only hope he'll refer to as the Punch Bowl. So sure, you could think of it as $5,300 wasted, but isn't it better regarded as $4,700 saved?

Obviously, Vigmond's friends are giving it to him pretty good. From the National Post:

"They thought I had money to burn, and surely there was something that I could have better spent my money on," he said.

"They've got a point. But … it's a part of an icon. I just thought … what a rare piece and just think of all of the people that have spent time contemplating in that dressing room what lies ahead of them."

Vigmond plans on putting the toilet in his sports memorabilia room, where he wants to sit on it, light up a Cuban cigar, open a bottle of 30-year-old single malt, and hopefully, watch a Leafs game sometime soon.

That's just........wierd

Comment

Man.. Wth! All the nasty butts that sat on that...
      U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
      Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
      Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Working...
      X