Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AROUND THE RINK with GREGSKY: Post: AND THE WINNERS ARE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AROUND THE RINK with GREGSKY: Post: AND THE WINNERS ARE...

With Round 1 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs almost in the books and before I make my second round picks, thought I’d have a bit of fun handing out some Round 1 Awards.

AND THE WINNERS ARE....

The “IS THAT HAPPY GILMORE?” award goes to...
    JOHNNY BOYCHUK – For having a tremendously heavy shot that goes 15 feet wide of the net in any given direction...keeps everyone but the goalies guessing.

The “FUNNY, ALWAYS THOUGHT THERE WAS AN I IN TEAM” award goes to....
    P. K SUBBAN – For his uncanny ability to prove to his teammates that it IS all about him and playing shorthanded means more open ice...right?

The “WAIT...WHAT? THE PLAYOFFS STARTED?” award goes to...
    THE VANCOUVER CANUCKS – For their failure to even show up against the Sharks...a whole lot of work to be done in B.C. this off-season....enough said.

The “TYSON NASH - PUNCH IN THE FACE CONTEST” award goes to...
    OTTAWA AND MONTREAL – For their Game 2 melee that left more coaches and trainers on the bench than players to finish the game.

The “EDWARD E. NEWMAN – WHAT...ME WORRY?” award goes to...
    LOS ANGELES KINGS – For spotting the Blues 2 games before showing the poise of defending champs by winning 4 straight to advance to round 2. No sweat...right?

The “THANK YOU KESSEL / TYLER CHANT” award goes to...
    BOSTON BRUINS FANS – For...well...just because their version simply makes more sense than Toronto fans version.

The “ATTA-BOY” award goes to...
    TJ OSHIE – For taking a shot to the skate in the defensive zone, sucking up the pain and staying on the ice in order to join the rush on one leg and potting his 2nd goal of the night passed Jonathan Quick.

The “WE SPENT HOW MUCH?...FOR THAT?” award goes to....
    MINNESOTA WILD – For their $200 million one and done playoff effort...ummmm...wow!

The “...GOTTA WEAR SHADES” award goes to...
    NEW YORK ISLANDERS – For one hell of an effort gaining some valuable playoff experience...yes...the future is bright.

The “HOW THE HELL DID THAT HAPPEN” award goes to...
    ST. LOUIS BLUES – For having the Kings on the ropes and then completely forgetting how to score...or finish. It’s a 60 minute game boys...just sayin’.

The “TRAIN KEPT-A-ROLLIN” award goes to...
    CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS – For continuing to dominate everything in their path...wow...fun to watch!!

The “BIG DEAL...NO BIG DEAL” award goes to...
    COREY PERRY – For showing up to sign that big contract and then not showing up for the post season laying goose eggs against the Wings. What was that noise?..Did someone step on a Duck?

The “I OWN A CANNON BUT I’M AFRAID TO USE IT” award goes to...
    ZDENO CHARA – For consistently lobbing weak wristers at the net from the point and passing up the shot when he has the lane. Big Z...your slap shot scares the bejesus outta guys...use it!!! Jeez.

Great read!!
    U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
    Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
    Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

How did I miss this thread?

Comment

I couldn't tell you the difference between Hockey and Curling but that was funny!

I do know the difference, BTW.

Comment

Working...
        X