WWE Gets It Right At Royal Rumble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWE Gets It Right At Royal Rumble

I am happy that Alberto Del Rio won the Royal Rumble. Its obvious he will either go against Edge or Rey at Wrestlemania to win the title. I can see him feuding with Christian in February with Edge getting involved. When it was down to Del Rio, Orton, and Barrett, I figured Del Rio would win. Orton had his shot at Miz and lost a few hours before. Barrett is suppose to face Taker at Wrestlemania, so that just left Del Rio.

Wiki was wrong with their list. Primo, David Hart Smith, and Darren Young wasnt included. So we had 9 entries that were mystery entries.

I was happy to see Diesel and Booker T back. They both got a huge reaction from the fans.

Putting Randy Orton and Dolph Ziggler in the match was odd since in year's past, if they had a title shot at the PPV, they were not in the Rumble match itself.

The other 5 entries went to Hornswoggle, Great Khali, Chavo Guerrero, Tyler Reks, and Alex Riley. Storyline wise, the only entry of those 5 that made sense was Alex Riley. They wasted bringing Christian, Triple H, and Undertaker back for Khali, Chavo, and Hornswoggle.

i was gonna buy mania tonight if santino actually won.

i think the rumble sucked- they had a great chance to advance several story rivalries, but did nothing with any of them...

Comment

Adding 40 wrestlers made it watered down since basically it was just used to get the New Nexus to eliminate people left and right. With the exception of Booker T, majority of the wrestlers Nexus threw out are barely shown on television anymore: Chris Masters, Tyler Reks, Yoshi Tatsu, etc.

Comment

Liked most of the outcomes, but what happened to story lines and shockers? The whole Nexus line was BORING!!! but gave me a chance for a bathroom break. I like Del Rio winning so at least someone different won this year (But come on, did anyone really think he would not win it?)
        I agree that 40 wrestlers was not good. Wish they went with quality instead of quantity. Overall, my opinion it was not worth the price to watch but not the worst show around.
        For me, that move Morrison did on the outside of the ring was AWESOME!!!. Glad I saw that (I am easy to please..lol)

oh and P.S.Not a Miz backer or hater (although it would be nice to see him do something on his own once in a while) but would someone please shut Cole up? He is just annoying and does not contribute anything entertaining. Oh well, any chance for a partial refund?

Comment

Morrison had the 2 highlight reels of the PPV. The C4 move on Bryan was awesome, I havent seen that move since Paul Burchill did that on Smackdown about 5 years ago. His spiderman leap was a very cool spot.

The Zigger Vs Edge match was the best match of the night. A lot of very cool sequences. I see a little of Mr. Perfect in Ziggler's move set and his overal gimmick.

But I agree not worth the $45 cost. I really wish they didnt throw all those scrubs in there and had Triple H, Taker, and even Christian make surprise returns.

And I agree Michael Cole is very very annoying on the mic.

Comment

I had not thought much about the Ziggler and Edge match, but take that screaming winch out of the picture (which I think is lame to begin with) you are right, that match was actually really good.
            45 for the PPV? I paid 50 because my nephew wanted to watch it in HD...My brother was sooooooo hyped about HHH coming back, and was so dissappointed that he did not come back, HE wanted a refund...and He did not even pay!!!! lol

Oh well...hope the elimination chamber PPV is decent...our once a month splurge

Comment

My next PPV buy is Wrestlemania. That one for the most part usually is good.

Comment

It was said that HHH would have entered,but only if he won and we all seen how that turned out.

I enjoyed the PPV tonight!
                Click My Banner To See My Bucket
                Click My Banner To See My Bucket

Comment

ALBERTO DEL RIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I marked out like no other for Booker T and the spinarooni..not bad, few million dollars for a 1 minute appearance..

Del Rio vs Mysterio at Mania and Miz vs Cena, its gonna happen

Comment

Yeah...I am a "Hater", but comeon WWE...write up one story-line where the Miz wins the match without outside help. The guy has worked hard to get to where he is. Don't make his championship sleazy. Had enough of that with the White Ghost (Sheamus)!
                    Randy
                    United States Air Force, Retired
                    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
                    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
                    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Originally posted by ranbethscards View Post
                      Yeah...I am a "Hater", but comeon WWE...write up one story-line where the Miz wins the match without outside help. The guy has worked hard to get to where he is. Don't make his championship sleazy. Had enough of that with the White Ghost (Sheamus)!
                      I'd say he actually got over last night..he's a heel, I don't expect him to pin cleanly 'Super Orton' but I was tired of seeing a DQ finish..he did it in typical heel fashion, he got the pin with help..Its better to me than winning by a fluke (Sheamus) or by DQ (Sheamus) or losing (Sheamus)

Comment

Sorry, Dan, but Miz lost whatever credibility he'd earned in his match with John Morrison 4 weeks ago. The writers flushed it by sending Nexus out to interfere.

The correct call in this case is to have a 2nd ref come down and overturn the decision, forcing a rematch the next night on Raw.

Also, what right did Miz have to throw John Cena out of the ring in the Rumble? None whatsoever! He did it storyline wise to stroke his ego, but I'm sorry. This is the way I play it.

Miz leaves the desk and eliminates Cena after Riley had lingered around too long. The referees huddle, and wave Cena back in. Miz & Riley are ejected. Miz argues and one of the refs motions that he could take the title away, in addition to a fine. It might not affect the final outcome, but you can't have someone not in the match eliminating someone else to push another agenda. It's been done too often in this event, and is a sign of lazy booking by Vince's cast of idiots.

And why is there continued stalling on revealing the ID of the Raw GM? They have the perfect scenario right in front of them, between Raw & Smackdown, and they do nothing. Morons.

Comment

Rey Vs Alberto has happened too many times already in my opinion. It is reported that Rey will feud with Cody at Wrestlemania. I still think it will be Edge Vs Alberto, Rey Vs Cody, Punk Vs Orton, Cena Vs Miz, Taker Vs Barrett, Morrison Vs Bryan, and Show Vs Zeke based on stuff that happened last night.

Comment

Taker vs Barrett? ouch!....honestly, I think Barrett could be a good-guy head-liner if the WWE pushes him right. Heavyweight Champion? Oh hell yes! Remember, Cena was a heel turned good. Would like to see Barrett do that.
                            Randy
                            United States Air Force, Retired
                            ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
                            balance of life, an individual diagnosed
                            with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfan View Post
                              Sorry, Dan, but Miz lost whatever credibility he'd earned in his match with John Morrison 4 weeks ago. The writers flushed it by sending Nexus out to interfere.

The correct call in this case is to have a 2nd ref come down and overturn the decision, forcing a rematch the next night on Raw.

Also, what right did Miz have to throw John Cena out of the ring in the Rumble? None whatsoever! He did it storyline wise to stroke his ego, but I'm sorry. This is the way I play it.

Miz leaves the desk and eliminates Cena after Riley had lingered around too long. The referees huddle, and wave Cena back in. Miz & Riley are ejected. Miz argues and one of the refs motions that he could take the title away, in addition to a fine. It might not affect the final outcome, but you can't have someone not in the match eliminating someone else to push another agenda. It's been done too often in this event, and is a sign of lazy booking by Vince's cast of idiots.

And why is there continued stalling on revealing the ID of the Raw GM? They have the perfect scenario right in front of them, between Raw & Smackdown, and they do nothing. Morons.
                              Storyline wise, it sets him up for a major program with Cena, which i'd assume is at Wrestlemania...ALL heels cheat to win, I just think when its constantly a DQ finish (Sheamus) you have no credibility (which shows as he's doing nothing in the midcard now for a while)..Triple H circa 2000 and 2003 always needed help to win, it didnt make him any less credible..a good heel cheats to win..

I'm not telling you to change your opinion but facts are facts, WWE is very high on the Miz, and he's second in getting WWE publicity outside the wrestling world (Cena gets them the most PR)

Originally posted by key2win View Post
                              Rey Vs Alberto has happened too many times already in my opinion. It is reported that Rey will feud with Cody at Wrestlemania. I still think it will be Edge Vs Alberto, Rey Vs Cody, Punk Vs Orton, Cena Vs Miz, Taker Vs Barrett, Morrison Vs Bryan, and Show Vs Zeke based on stuff that happened last night.
                              I agree 115% however it makes sense since they've still never really finished the feud. I can't wait to see Mysterio tap to Del Rio at Wrestlemania though!

Originally posted by ranbethscards View Post
                              Taker vs Barrett? ouch!....honestly, I think Barrett could be a good-guy head-liner if the WWE pushes him right. Heavyweight Champion? Oh hell yes! Remember, Cena was a heel turned good. Would like to see Barrett do that.
                              I would disagree, Barrett's look screams heel..I'd have a hard time seeing him as a good guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X