Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWE Drops Wrestling From Brand Name

WWE Rebrands, Sets Sights Beyond Wrestling

WWE announced today, in order to better reflect the company's global entertainment offerings, a new business model for future growth, including formally rebranding itself, WWE.

"The new business model of the company better reflects what WWE is all about, being a global entertainment company," stated Vince McMahon, Chairman and CEO, WWE. "We will always be loyal to our core business that made WWE a globally known entity, however, the future of WWE will be the addition of new entertainment content opportunities beyond the ring."

"Two key components to WWE's brand expansion will be the active pursuit to acquire entertainment content companies and the outsourcing of WWE's core competencies – television and film production, live event production and licensing. As part of the new business model, the company will also focus on the development of new television products including scripted, non-scripted and animated programs, as well as the launch of a new WWE network in the next 12-18 months. The first new program of the brand expansion is Tough Enough, WWE's non-scripted program that debuted on the USA Network on Monday."

"This new rebranding initiative will be highlighted through a national consumer and business-to-business advertising campaign entitled "Bigger. Badder. Better." The campaign kicked off at WrestleMania XXVII on Sunday and will be featured on cable TV, print and online. In addition to focusing on the expansion of the company, the company will bolster its core business with the launch a new talent development department headed by Paul "Triple H" Levesque. The new department will put a greater emphasis on worldwide recruitment, training and character development to identify future WWE Superstars and Divas. The first recruit acquired under Levesque's new department was the signing last month of future WWE Superstar, Sin Cara, formerly known worldwide as Mistico."

Comment

Collecting Colts and attempting super collector status with Marcus Easley

Thanks to Brads55 for the awesome banner!!!

http://s1168.photobucket.com/albums/r491/coltsfanntx70/

Comment

I'm confused.....so WWE will no longer mean World Wrestling Entertainment, if "WWE Drops Wrestling From Brand Name"?
        Randy
        United States Air Force, Retired
        ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
        balance of life, an individual diagnosed
        with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

I believe they changed it to World Wide Entertainment

Comment

Nope, it's just plain ol' WWE. More proof that at 65, Vince has lost his mind.

I had something to say about this before it became official, and posted it on my blog at http://thelandofwhatever.blogspot.com last weekend, right before Wrestlemania. I encourage you guys to give it a read. I've had plenty to say about McMahon on the blog in the nearly 2 years I've been doing this, so scour the archives when you get a minute. You'll be glad you did.

Comment

Wow that makes it even worse hobby lol. All those steroids finally catching up to him?

Comment

Originally posted by jratliff70 View Post
                All those steroids finally catching up to him?
                hey now....I'm sure Linda wouldn't like you making fun of the "jack hammer".. lol
                Randy
                United States Air Force, Retired
                ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
                balance of life, an individual diagnosed
                with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

so is the WRESTLEMANIA name going to be changed too? since they are getting rid of WRESTLING in every other aspect ?

IF they were to change that name.... BAD BAD BAD things man... BAD THINGS

Comment

Entertainamania?

Comment

Working...
                    X