Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle's car fails post race inspection

From NASCAR.com:

LONG POND, Pa. -- The No. 18 Toyota driven by Kyle Busch for Joe Gibbs Racing failed post-race inspection following the 5-Hour Energy 500 at Pocono Raceway on Sunday.

Spokesperson Kristi King of NASCAR said that the left front of Busch's car was deemed too low during post-race inspection. She said it would be brought back to the NASCAR Research and Development Center in Concord, N.C., for further examination, and that any penalties for the infraction would be announced this Tuesday.

Dave Rogers, Busch's crew chief, said he was surprised by the ruling.

"It's disappointing," he said. "I can't tell you a whole lot right now. ... I don't have any excuses for you. We're going to go back to the shop and try to figure it out. It's the last thing I expected after the race [Sunday]. I have as many questions as everyone else right now."

Busch finished third in Sunday's race behind winner Jeff Gordon and second-place finisher Kurt Busch. Rogers said he was informed by NASCAR that the car was 1/16th of an inch too low.

He speculated that perhaps it could be because the car suffered damage during the 500-mile, 200-lap race.

"There is a lot of damage if you look at the left-front fender. You can see we bottomed out," Rogers said. "We got into the fence on the right side a little bit. There is plenty of damage -- but nothing that I could look at and say, 'Hey, NASCAR, here's a problem.'

"They let us look the car over and there is damage, but I would just be trying to make excuses if I tried to justify it. We were 1/16th too low and we have to go back to the shop to figure out why. I don't know why right now."
    1/16th of an inch?

Wonder how many points will be docked for the infraction?

Randy
    United States Air Force, Retired
    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

1/16th in nascar terms is considered significant I would not be surprised based on history 50-100 pts and a decent fine. However 1st time offense maybe they will go light.

That is the thing about Nascar no ryhme or reason it is what they pull out of a hat

What a fun day yesterday though. No sun burns for me
    Last edited by wheeler281; 06-13-2011, 08:05 AM.

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Gotta remember though that 50-100 points in the past was under the old system. So in the new system he's probably looking at a 15-25 point deduction, along with a fine and probably a suspension for his crew chief.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

15-25 points under this point system is a huge deal..so I hope he gets 25 points taken away

Comment

Per NASCAR.com:

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR has penalized the No. 18 team in the Sprint Cup Series as a result of rule infractions discovered during post-race inspection Sunday at Pocono Raceway.

The No. 18 car was found to be in violation of Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4-J (any determination by NASCAR officials that race equipment used in the event does not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20-12.8.1B (body height requirements -- car failed to meet the minimum front car heights) of the 2011 NASCAR rule book.

As a result, crew chief Dave Rogers has been fined $25,000, while owner Joe Gibbs and driver Kyle Busch have been penalized with the loss of six championship owner and six championship driver points, respectively.

Joe Gibbs Racing released a statement Monday afternoon: "We brought the No. 18 car back to our race shop and have identified the problem which caused us to measure low during the post-race inspection process in Pocono [Sunday] afternoon. We have made NASCAR aware of our findings and we accept the penalty they have issued today."
          Last edited by ranbethscards; 06-13-2011, 04:53 PM. Reason: Crew Chief Finded....Busch has points deducted.
          Randy
          ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

6 points....what a joke.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
            Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
            Johnson/Mears/
            Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
              6 points....what a joke.
              Thats gotta be a joke, right? Kevin Harvick needs to wreck his car next week to make up for NASCAR playing favorites

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                Thats gotta be a joke, right? Kevin Harvick needs to wreck his car next week to make up for NASCAR playing favorites
                new points system, new points deduction.....
                Randy
                ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

Originally posted by ranbethscards View Post
                  new points system, new points deduction.....
                  Under the old system he'd lose 50-100 points? 6 under the new system doesnt equal close to 50-100 points under the old system

Comment

won't matter he is a pretender anyways..

Last edited by wheeler281; 06-13-2011, 09:37 PM.

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Working...
                    X