Kurt Busch dominates Sonoma, grabs 1st career road win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kurt Busch dominates Sonoma, grabs 1st career road win

SONOMA, Calif. (AP)—Kurt Busch has won the first road course race of his career with a dominating performance at Infineon Raceway.

Busch led a race-high 75 laps and beat Jeff Gordon by almost 4 seconds for his first victory of the season.

It marked a total turnaround for Busch and his Penske Racing team, which struggled mightily last month and made behind-the-scenes personnel changes to adapt.

Carl Edwards finished third Sunday, followed by Clint Bowyer and Marcos Ambrose.

The race featured several on-track flare-ups, most notably Brian Vickers’ payback spin of Tony Stewart. The bump sent Stewart’s car spinning into a stack of tires, and the rear of his Chevrolet came to a rest on top of the stack.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Gotta love Stewart's post race comments..."....I intentionally wrecked Vickers.....and he intentionally wrecked me...."

And Montoya.....oh no..I"m innocent....everyone was blocking me... I never wrecked anyone on purpose...lol

Congratulations to Kurt....great job of racing.....but I think if there had been another two laps Jeff would have taking the Checkered Flag!
    Randy
    United States Air Force, Retired
    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Yea, JPM lives in his own fantasy world. He only doorslammed and/or wrecked half the field today.

Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
        ......... He only doorslammed and/or wrecked half the field today.
        no no no....not true...you have to look at it through his eyes....

he only bumped into those that cut him off or blocked him!!!!
        Randy
        United States Air Force, Retired
        ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
        balance of life, an individual diagnosed
        with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

one of the best Sonoma races I have seen in awhile. Vickers class act. Love that kid and his post race..... Hamlin .. Love the wild card scenario this year. Can't say it enough!

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Great race! Congrats to Kurt Busch. He definitely had one of the best cars today. I had Jeff Gordon in Fantasy racing today, and am happy with his 2nd place finish, although I was a little concerned about him for most of the race. He was junk earlier. Also, had Ambrose (5th), so not a bad day for me dispite a late race falter from Montoya.

Comment

Kahne slamming JPM in his postrace interview was pretty funny too.

Johnson/Mears/
              Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
                Kahne slamming JPM in his postrace interview was pretty funny too.
                Yeah, that was pretty funny. JPM is definitely not well liked in the garage area. He's suppose to be a top road racing guy, and what does he finish today? 22nd? He's a useless driver. I can't stand him.

Comment

Jr. Such a shame

Comment

Working...
                  X