Crown Royal leaving Kenseth after '11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crown Royal leaving Kenseth after '11

In evaluation of our NASCAR programming and after much consideration, we have made the decision to make a strategic shift to focus our resources against our annual Crown Royal "Your Name Here" program which awards race naming rights to an adult fan.
    The Your Name Here program has provided NASCAR fans with an experience that is unrivaled in sports and in recent years has shed light on some of the remarkable military servicemen and servicewomen who proudly serve our country.
    We look forward to elevating this program as well as continuing our presence in the sport through an experience that our fans have grown to love. The specific details regarding how we will honor these heroes at next year's entitlement will be announced at a later date.

In shifting our strategy, we will end our sponsorships with Roush Fenway Racing and NASCAR upon the conclusion of the 2011 season. We have developed strong relationships with the people at both organizations –they have not only been fantastic business partners, but have also become our friends. We thank them for working with us throughout the years to showcase the importance of our social responsibility initiatives.
    We look forward to a strong finish to the 2011 season and like the many fans we've gained along the way, we'll never stop rooting for the No. 17 car on its way to Victory Lane.
    Looks like Kenseth needs to find a new sponsor....shouldn't be too hard since he's one of the better drivers in the sport.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Sad to see the Crown Royal car go, as I love the purple paint scheme on it when he runs it. I think we are gonna see a lot more sponsors walking away in the near future. Just not financially feasable to spend that kind of cash to put your brand name on a race car in this economy. Who would of ever thought Jeff Gordon would not have Dupont on his car? That was a shocker. Many more to come in the next couple years, I'm guessing. Especially with all the empty seats we see week after week at the tracks.

Comment

I always wondered how the sponsors do it. I figured it was a write off and they have allownace to spend on marketing. I never once watched a race and said hmmm I need to buy dupont products, pump shell gasoline or drink bud....Seems like in the economy there are better ways as a corporation to appropriate funds..

It also could be just a brag book deal for the higher ups.

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
        I always wondered how the sponsors do it. I figured it was a write off and they have allownace to spend on marketing. I never once watched a race and said hmmm I need to buy dupont products, pump shell gasoline or drink bud....Seems like in the economy there are better ways as a corporation to appropriate funds..

It also could be just a brag book deal for the higher ups.
        +1, I'm the same way. I hate Kyle Busch, but that doesn't make me think twice about not buying M&M's lol

Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
          +1, I'm the same way. I hate Kyle Busch, but that doesn't make me think twice about not buying M&M's lol
          I Know right! I talk to all my nascar friends they are the same way. So strange it is

I am now officially boycotting m&m's. Never thought to protest that way lol

oh yeah and never ever using fed ex damn it

Comment

Hahahahaha

Johnson/Mears/
            Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

That is the whole stupid logic for these corporations to spend this rediculous amounts of money to put their logos on a car. If a GM driver wins the race, these corporate idiots think race fans will go out on Monday, and buy a new GM car to celebrate. Maybe some do, who knows? I think a lot of it is greed, too. If there is a Burger King, Wendy's, and Taco Bell car on the track, your damn sure Mcdonalds is gonna have one out there, so they aren't missing out on potential customers not seeing them advertise their business.

Comment

Speaking of sponsors:

Johnson/Mears/
                Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
                  I Know right! I talk to all my nascar friends they are the same way. So strange it is

I am now officially boycotting m&m's. Never thought to protest that way lol

oh yeah and never ever using fed ex damn it
                  good luck with the post office since you won't be able to use ups either.
                  My Photobucket
                  http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/nuhuskers/

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
                    Speaking of sponsors:

awesome thanks!

Comment

theres gonna be alot of talk after the season. with Edwards being a free agent, and Ragan's future unsure, who knows? maybe the UPS logo will end up on the #17???
                      http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/...exyheifer4159/

Comment

Working...
                      X