Ragan redeems himself at Daytona, scores 1st Cup win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ragan redeems himself at Daytona, scores 1st Cup win

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP)—David Ragan has earned the first Sprint Cup victory of his career, redeeming himself after blowing his chance in the season-opening Daytona 500.

Ragan was the leader on a late restart in NASCAR’s biggest race of the year, but he was penalized for passing too early. That cost him what would have been the biggest win of his career.

He redeemed himself Saturday night by outlasting all the mayhem of a typically chaotic race at Daytona International Speedway. He was pushed across the finish line by Roush Fenway Racing teammate Matt Kenseth as a huge wreck developed in the final turn.

Kenseth was second, Joey Logano third and Kasey Kahne and Kyle Busch rounded out the top five.

With the win, David Ragan moved to 17th in points, which, as of today, qualifies him for the Chase as the second Wild Card.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Awesome for Ragan and right now puts him into the chase but that last lap was ridiculous, I like crazy finshes but they were all wrecking everywhere

Comment

Yea, that ending was nuts. McMurray cost the 48/88 both top-10's, so that sucked.

But congrats to Ragan....after throwing away the 500 in February, it's awesome to see him come back and win at Daytona.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Good to see Ragan get his first win. I had Jr today in fantasy racing, so wasn't thrilled with the finish. Again, my picks were in the top 10 all day long, only to finish lousy. Been like that all year long for me.

Comment

the new two-car tandem sure makes the restrictor plate racing more enjoyable.

Great save by Jeff Gordon......and good to see Kenseth push all the way for Ragan's win!
          Randy
          United States Air Force, Retired
          ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
          balance of life, an individual diagnosed
          with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

it was a great win for Ragan, he had an awesome partner all night too though!
            http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/...exyheifer4159/

Comment

Working...
            X