Keselowski takes out Stenhouse, wins another Nationwide race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keselowski takes out Stenhouse, wins another Nationwide race

CLERMONT, Ind. (AP)—Brad Keselowski stayed close to the leaders before bumping Ricky Stenhouse Jr. out of the way with 5 laps to go, and then ran strong in the two green-white-checkered laps at the end to win the NASCAR Nationwide Series Kroger 200 on Saturday night.

Keselowski had earned the pole in his previous two races but hadn’t won.

It was a good overall day for Keselowski, who earlier in the day qualified fifth for Sunday’s Brickyard 400.

James Buescher finished second. Polesitter Stenhouse Jr. led 189 laps before finishing third. He led by nearly four seconds in lap 175 before the field tightened. Stenhouse moved ahead of Reed Sorenson into the points lead.

NASCAR has announced that the race will move to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway next year after 30 years at Lucas Oil Raceway.

Updated Points:
    1. Stenhouse Jr. LEADER
    2. Sorenson -4
    3. Sadler -25

(Everyone else is more than a full race behind in points.)

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Dirty racing by Keselowski, he needs to stick to the cup races

Comment

Not going to voice my opinion on the "I was racing him as hard as he was racing me" comment (as Brad put it in his post race interview).

The best part was at the end when during the cool down lap Ricky was trying to catch up to Brad....who put the pedal to the metal to keep distance between the two.

When a Cup driver has to "take out" a Nationwide driver for a win, then it's time for NASCAR to say "sorry guys.....once you leave grade school, you aren't allowed to play on this playground anymore."

NOTE: "Take out" is a strong word, it was more of a "let me put you into the wall, taking the win from you, without you totally wrecking.."

Randy
      United States Air Force, Retired
      ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
      balance of life, an individual diagnosed
      with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Working...
      X