Kyle Busch Sentenced to 1yr probation and 30hrs Community Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Busch Sentenced to 1yr probation and 30hrs Community Service

NASCAR points leader Kyle Busch lost his driver's license for 45 days on Tuesday for driving 128 mph on a road close to a day-care center and church in a nearly $400,000 car. His lawyer said his client was not treated "like any other citizen."

Busch, who doesn't need a license to compete in NASCAR, also was fined $1,000, sentenced to 30 hours of community service and put on one year of unsupervised probation. He pleaded guilty to speeding and no contest to reckless and careless driving in North Carolina District Court in Iredell County.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...20rel=nofollow

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

His lawyer said his client was not treated "like any other citizen."
    Wait, so his lawyer thinks he got hit TOO HARD? Really though? If I'm going 128 in a 35 (or whatever it was), I bet you I get more than a 45 day suspension of my license and a few hours of community service.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

His lawyer said his client was not treated "like any other citizen."
      This is so true. Would we have had our face and name splattered all over the internet, tv and newspapers?

oh wait....I don't think that's what was meant....lol

Honestly, I think he should have been given the 30 days in jail (don't tell my wife I said that!)...and at a minimum one year suspension of his license.

If this had been you or I, and this was our FIRST speeding offense, I'm pretty sure the speed alone would have caused us to lose our license for alot longer than 45 days....maybe we would have gotten the 30 days suspended jail sentence AFTER sitting in jail for 45 days awaiting our trial....and the community service? lol....now that's a laugh.

For once we all agree that, while the justice here was as terrible as the O.J or Anthony Murder cases, it was still not handled well.

Now....wasn't it a few years ago that Kurt Bush was caught out west with a DWI...and they made him an Honorary Sheriff? Justice is served!
      Randy
      United States Air Force, Retired
      ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
      balance of life, an individual diagnosed
      with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

lawyers doing typical spin doctor work

Comment

He got hit to hard? ok, lol

Comment

you have to read AND understand what the lawyer was saying......

Busch attorney Cliff Homesley argued that his client wasn't being treated the same as other people in similar circumstances, citing a July case of a 21-year-old convicted felon who was caught doing 128 mph and received a $300 fine and no loss of license.
            A CONVICTED Felon...128 mph, a $300.00 fine, no loss of license.....

......read and understand......Kyle is guilty and got what he deserved... but you have to read and understand the point that the lawyer was trying to make.

Randy
            United States Air Force, Retired
            ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
            balance of life, an individual diagnosed
            with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

I understood why I said spin doctor work.??

Listen everyone knows there is no universal punishment for crimes. Not sure why the lawyer tries to act all woe with me..His client had the option to take it to a trial but plead guilty and no contest.. reason you get in front of a jury and found guilty. The judge can and will put you behind bars

Comment

Working...
              X