MWR snags Bowyer from RCR, 5-Hour Energy to be sponsor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MWR snags Bowyer from RCR, 5-Hour Energy to be sponsor

Bowyer signs with Michael Waltrip Racing: Michael Waltrip Racing announced Clint Bowyer will drive the team's #15 Toyota with 5-hour Energy as the primary sponsor for the next three NASCAR Sprint Cup seasons beginning at the 2012 Daytona 500. The announcement ends months of speculation for the highly valued free agent. "This has been a very long summer, but I think for everyone involved, the best decision was made to be at Michael Waltrip Racing," said Bowyer. "I am a big fan of 5-hour Energy so I was really happy when they approached me about putting a deal together. We were diligent in working through our options and finally found the right fit. I have been so impressed with what's going on at MWR. Then when the 5-hour Energy executives met with Michael and his people, we knew this was going to be our home. I've been with one organization for my entire Sprint Cup career and leaving there was the hardest part of the decision. But now I'm ready to start the next chapter in my racing career."
    What a coup for MWR. Seriously....Michael Waltrip started his own race team just 4 years ago from the ground up. He went from missing 10 straight races his first year to now having three full-time sponsored rides for three drivers that have all won in the Sprint Cup Series.

Say what you will about Mikey's abilities as a race car driver, but he's built a solid race program in the Cup series in less than four years. Pretty damn impressive.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Nice add for MWR for sure

Comment

This was the worst kept secret in Nascar.. This happened over 2 weeks ago. I was wondering when they were gonna make it official

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

The funniest part of the story was his comments in 2008. Starts at around 19 seconds

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Working...
        X