My lifelong stay in the Chapel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My lifelong stay in the Chapel

Now some of you barely know me, and most you don't know this: but I will be in the chapel for the rest of my life. I have something called Crohn's Disease, which I included a nice link so you actually know what in the world that stuff is.(?)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001295/

I was diagnosed in Dec. 2005 (if you do the math, I was 15 at the time), but fortunately with what ended up being a mild condition. I have been in remission for some time now, which is all I can hope for. Right now I'm on a lifelong medication and have to see a doctor about every 8 months for routine check ups and blood tests - unless a "flare up" occurs.

While normally this is an area when you ask for yourself to be everyone's prayers - I'm asking for not so much of me but more of others. About 2 years later I saw a friend fight what became Crohn's Disease right before my eyes, and his case was more severe than mine. I had no idea what it was like for my family until that. Anyways, what I ask for is really three things:

1) Bless the doctors of the world to find a cure for Crohn's Disease. If you read a little bit, there has been some scientists working on a cure, but nothing has happened yet. The last I heard was of an experiment in the U.K.

2) Bless those who are in the most need of prayers - those with flare ups or in the process of diagnoses. This was the scariest time of my life as you are being in and out of hospitals for a while.

3) Lastly, bless those like me who have remained in good health for a while. I try my best to live my life in no fear of a complication, but others may not be this way.

That's it, probably the longest ramble you will ever see from me. Hopefully I've given you all a little bit more of an education by reading this.
    Thanks,
    Zack
    ---------------------------------------------------
    NEXT TRADE DEADLINE is 4/7! I will be returning to school at this time and will not trade during the semester.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    PICS LIST

kudos Zack.

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/a...9/Sportscards/

Comment

Working...
    X