• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Topps Heritage Baseball

2011 Topps Heritage Baseball
    Configuration: 24 packs per box, 9 cards per pack

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
    One Autograph or Relic Card per Box - all autographs are signed on-card!
    500 Stars of Today and Yesterday on the 1962 Topps Design!
    New '62 Minted Coin Cards
    New Baseball Bucks Box Loader

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
    BASE CARDS (500) - 425 of the game's best players on the 1962 Topps Baseball card design!
    Rookies, Veterans, Legends (425)
    World Series Highlights (6)
    Combos (11)
    League Leaders (4)
    Sporting News All-Stars (24)
    Team Cards (18)
    Rookie Parade (8)
    In Action (9)
    Short Prints (75) - high numbered

CHROME PARALLEL CARDS (300 total cards)
    Black Bordered (100) #'d to 62
    Refractor (100) #'d to 562
    Chrome (100) #'d to 1962

NEW '62 MINT (20 total cards) - Hobby Exclusive! 1 Per Hobby CASE!
    20 money players appear on these cards featuring an event from 1962 along with a coin minted in 1962 in the following variations:
    Silver Dollar - Hall of Fame Induction
    Quarter - Baseball Highlight
    Dime - Personal History
    Nickel - Rookie Debut
    Penny - Happy Birthday

TOPPS STAMPS
    Topps Stamps - Over 180 current players highlighted in a stamp format on framed cards. Each card contains two stamps featuring 2 players and is numbered to 62.
    Buyback Topps Stamps - Original 1962 Topps player stamps, newly framed and randomly inserted into packs. Hobby Exclusive!

INSERT CARDS (45 total cards) 6 PER BOX!
    New Age Performers - 15 players whose performances have surpassed the giants of the past.
    Then and Now - 10 cards featuring statistical comparisons between today's stars with legends from 1962.
    Baseball Flashbacks - 10 memorable baseball highlights from 1962.
    News Flashbacks - 10 cards commemorating major news stories from 1962.

AUTOGRAPHED RELIC CARDS (20) - One Autographed or Relic Card Per Box! All Autographs Signed Directly on Each Card!
    Flashback Stadium Relics - 5 subjects will autograph 25 relic cards commemorating achievements from the 1962 season. Hand numbered to 25!
    Clubhouse Collection Relics - 10 cards showcasing a bat or uniform memento are autographed by active and retired players. Hand numbered to 25!
    Clubhouse Collection Dual - 5 cards showcasing on-card autographs from a retired and active player from the same franchise along with a relic piece. Hand numbered to 10 - Hobby Exclusive!

AUTOGRAPHED CARDS - One Autographed or Relic Card Per Box! All Autographs Signed Directly On Each Card!
    Real One - On card signatures from players who last appeared on a Topps Card in 1962 as well as signatures from additional 1962 stars and current stand-outs.
    Real One Special Edition - The subjects above will on-card sign 62 cards in red ink. Hand numbered to 61-Hobby Exclusive!
    Real One Dual Autographs - 10 cards featuring an active and retired player with their on-card signatures. Hand numbered to 25 - Hobby Exclusive!
    Flashbacks - 5 baseball legends directly sign their name to 25 cards, each featuring a highlight from their 1962 season. Hand numbered to 25
    1962 Cut Signatures - Cut signatures from Mickey Mantle and other legends. #'d 1 of 1!
    New 60th Anniversary - Sixty players past and present have signed these cards along with an additional inscription wishing Topps a "Happy 60th!" All autographs and inscriptions are signed directly on each numbered to 60 card. At least three players' cards will be inserted into each baseball product throughout 2011.

RELIC CARDS - One Relic or Autographed Card per Box!
    Clubhouse Collection - Over 40 active pros and retired stars from 1962 are featured with bat or jersey relic pieces.
    Clubhouse Collection Dual - 5 cards featuring a player from 1962 matched with a current player from the same team each with a relic. Hand numbered to 61
    Flashbacks - 10 cards paying tribute to a player's memorable highlight from 1062, and featuring a relic piece from the venue in which it occurred.
    Dual Flashbacks - 5 cards featuring 2 players from rival teams, their respective highlights from the 1962 season, and 2 stadium relic pieces from which they occurred. Hand numbered to 10

BOX LOADER - HOBBY EXCLUSIVE!
    NEW Baseball Bucks - 96 outstanding players featured on mock currency of varying denominations. One in Every 3 Boxes - alternates with Advertising Panels and Topps Stamp Album.
    Advertising Panels - Featuring parallel cards as a 3-card strip. One in Every 3 Boxes - alternates with Topps Stamp Album and Baseball Bucks.
    Topps Stamp Album - Each of these 30 over-sized cards mimic a page from the original 1962 Topps Stamp Album and feature reproduction player stamps. One in Every 3 Boxes - alternates with Advertising Panels and Baseball Bucks.
    1962 Topps Originals - Original cards from 1962 inserted and stamped in 1-card penny packs. 1 in every 2 Boxes!

Our Box Break

Base Cards

Topps brings back the 1962 design with a nice beautiful wood grain border that really pops out! We got 230 out of 425 base cards, good for 54% of the cards with no duplicates. We pulled 1 Jackie Robinson Story SP #137. We pulled 8 SP cards: Martin Prado, Huston Street, Torii Hunter, Joe Mauer All Star, John Buck, Josh Willingham, Ben Revere RC, and Josh Bell/Danny Worth/Luke Hughes/Trevor Plouffe.

Chrome Cards

Topps Heritage Chrome cards return and as always look amazing. Pictured above is Bronson Arroyo and Nick Hundley.

Inserts

New Age Perfomers

This set features some of today's hottest stars in the game today. We pulled 2: Robinson Cano and Roy Halladay.

Then and Now

The Then and Now insert set joins together a great player from the past and one of today's current stars at the same position. We pulled a Bob Gibson/Jered Weaver.

Baseball Flashbacks

The Baseball Flashbacks set looks back at some of the great plays and games from the 1962 season. We pulled 2: Harmon Killebrew and Frank Robinson.

News Flashbacks

This Flashbacks set looks back at some of the more memorable moments from the year 1962. We pulled 2: Jamaica Gains Independence Ends British Rule and Glenn Becomes First American to Orbit Earth.

Box Loaders

1962 Buybacks

Topps bought back some of their original 1962 Topps cards and inserted them as boxloaders with a special 50th anniversary stamp. We pulled a Joe Cunningham.

Advertising Panels

Also inserted as boxloaders are the 3 card strip advertising panels just as they had back when the 1962 set came out. We pulled a Chris Carter/Ben Zobrist/Billy Butler advertising panel.

Clubhouse Collection Relics

This Relic set joins two of the most popular collecting attributes - vintage and relics. This one features a nice swatch of a Johan Santana in his black Mets uniform.

Final Thoughts

Topps Heritage as usual is a fun product to open with 24 packs and 9 cards per pack. This year brings back the classic 1962 wood grain border design. Set collectors will go nuts over the great look of this year's product and the short print cards that are included. Topps Heritage also has enough big hits to keep the autograph and relic seakers happy. This product boasts a great lineup of autographs from some of the best players past and present including Hank Aaron, Sandy Koufax, Stan Musial, Mike Stanton, and Stephen Strasburg.

Product Rating
    Value: 5
    Innovation: 4
    Fun & Experience: 4
    Rebuy Value: 4

I rate this product an A- for Topps!

NPN Information

Open only to US & Canada (except Quebec) residents. Hand print your name and complete address on a 3 x 5 card and mail in a #10 envelope to:

NPN 2011 Topps Heritage Baseball
    PO Box 763
    Pittston, PA 18640

Postmarked by June 15, 2011. Canadian entries must answer this question. 10 x 8 + 2 - 20 = ?

I would like to thank Topps and CCW for giving me the chance to review this product. Please support the sponsors that support CCW!
    Last edited by key2win; 05-31-2011, 08:46 PM.

Kazmir Collection 1621/2986 - 54.2%

like Mohammed Ali I float like a butterfly
    but sting like poison ivy

My tradesite

Nice review. I always loved the Topps Heritage basketball products. For some reason, the retro card look with today's players always appealed to me. I really like the News Flashbacks concept. Another nice product from Topps.

Comment

Nice product they came out with this year....love the Chrome look on the retro cards!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Nice review, love the design!

Comment

i'm not a huge baseball collector anymore, maybe some phils, but IMO, heritage always does a great job reviving designs from the past

Great Traders:cardjim,TomR,avsbruins65,Leafsfan1967,ty4o rce,bumpersample,NattyBoo,fatfrank,DoubleD

MY EBAY: http://shop.ebay.com/chefmc/m.html?_...&_trksid=p3686

Comment

I like these this year for sure. Loved the original ones, and they look cool. And totally agree on the chromes being super cool, and the nice clean design of the 'vintage relic'.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
            Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
            Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
            MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
            NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
            NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
            NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
            I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Great review! Heritage is always a hit every year with its nostalgic retro cards. I love the Jamaica card, very cool!
              "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Nice review, and sweet cards!
                TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
                A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Nice review Chris and I always liked the look of Heritage.
                  Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Working...
                  X