Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Topps Pro Debut Baseball

2011 Topps Pro Debut Baseball

Configuration: 24 packs per box. 8 cards per pack.

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
    NEW FOR 2011
    Now 4 Hits Per Box!
    Now 330 Cards!
    Only One Series!

BOX BREAK HIGHLIGHTS
    AUTOGRAPH CARDS - 2 PER BOX
    RELIC CARDS - 2 PER BOX
    BASE CARDS - 8 PER PACK
    PARALLEL BASE CARDS - 8 PER BOX
    INSERT CARDS - 18 PER BOX

Our Box Break

Base Cards

The base cards have a nice solid look to them with their white bordered design. All players who are making their first appearance on a baseball card are depicted with the Pro Debut logo on the top right of the card. There are 330 cards in the base set. Unfortunately we did not pull a Bryce Harper card, but we did pull a card of the #2 pick Jameson Taillon of the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Parallel Cards

The parallel cards have the same look and design as the base cards except for the coloring. We pulled 6 Blue Parallel cards: Michael Taylor, Kyle Ryan, Marc Krauss, Chris Owings, Todd Cunningham, and Dallas Poulk. The Blue Parallel cards are each numbered out of 309. We pulled 1 Gold Parallel card of Chevez Clarke numbered out of 50.

Insert Cards

This insert set is comprised of All Stars from Single A, Double A, and Triple A. These cards have the word single, double, or triple to the left side of the player and the letter A to the right side. We pulled 5 Single A All-Stars: Aaron Hicks, Kyle Skipworth, Destin Hood, Jean Segura, and Blake Tekotte. The Single A cards have the word single in green. We pulled 7 Double A All-Stars: Lonnie Chisenhall, Ryan Mount, Darin Mastroianni, Kirk Nieuwenhuis, Mike Nickeas, Carlos Peguero, and Willin Rosario. The Double A cards have the word double in red. We pulled 2 Triple A All-Stars: Jesus Montero and Matt Miller. The Triple A cards have the word triple in blue.

Relic Cards

You are guaranteed 2 Relics Cards per box. We pulled a blue swatch of Angel Castillo and a white swatch of Michael Burgess. The background behind the player makes the card stand out more.

Autograph Cards

You are also guaranteed 2 Autograph Cards per box. We pulled a Jesse Biddle Solo Signatures and a David Bromberg Solo Signatures. Both of these cards are signed in blue ink. The autographs are sticker autographs.

Final Thoughts

Topps Pro Debut returns with another strong product featuring a great selection of Minor League Baseball Players. This year's product showcases 330 players packed into one series instead of two, highlighted by the inclusion of Bryce Harper cards. For collectors, this is a great set to get cards of players that are making their first appearance on a baseball card. Topps uses the old favorite white bordered design for the base cards. You are guaranteed 2 Relic Cards and 2 Autograph Cards per box. Each box can be had for an affordable price ranging from $50 to $55. One of the things I like about this product is the 2011 Topps Pro Debut Scouting Report checklist they include in every box. It highlights all 330 players in the base set with a brief highlight of each player.

Product Rating

Value = 5
    Innovation = 4
    Fun and Experience = 4
    Rebuy Value = 4

I rate this product a B for Topps!

NPN Information

NPN 2011 Topps Pro Debut Baseball
    P.O. Box 2008
    Duryea, PA 18642

Hand print your name and complete address on a 3x5 card and use a #10 envelope.

Canadian residents answer this question: 4 x 15 + 6 - 15 = ?

Postmarked by 8/31/11

Limit to 2 entries per household.
    Only one card per envelope, mailed separately.

I would like to thank Topps & Card Collectors World for giving me the chance to review this new product.

Please support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!

Another nice product from Topps. The All Star insert cards have a nice looking design to them with the different coloring schemes.

Comment

Solid product....always nice to get 4 hits out of a box also.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

nice review, looks to be a decent offering from topps.

Comment

Nice review, and nice looking cards.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
          Baseball HOFers Autos I need
          Orioles Autos I need
          Baseball HOFers GU I need
          Orioles GU I need
          Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
          However other offers will be considered

Comment

Nice review!

Thanks
            - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

Nice review, it's another solid offering from Topps.
              "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

nice review!

Comment

Great review !

Comment

nice review, like to see 4 hits per box.
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
                    I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

Nice looking product.

Collecting Ken Dilger, Indiana Hoosiers autos, and Indianapolis Colts Rookies
                      Colts Rookie Collection: 408 Different Players
                      Ken Dilger Collection: 261/445 (58.6%)

Tradelist
                      Colts Rookie Collection
                      Ken Dilger Collection

Comment

Very cool looking product. Similar to the topps (the base at least), but very cool. Great review also!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                        Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                        Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                        MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                        NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                        NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                        NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                        I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

I love this product! However my LCS does not carry it and it's hard to find in my area.. great review!
                          U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
                          http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
                          Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
                          Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Nice looking cards from Topps,nice review and always sweet pulling 4 hits from a box.
                            Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

I like the looks of this product. Topps did a great job with it. Great review

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Working...
                              X