Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Topps Triple Threads Baseball

SET FEATURES
    Configuration: 2 mini boxes per display box. 1 pack per mini box. 7 cards per pack.

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
    - NEW! Now 2 Hits per Pack! - One additional Hit per Pack with each Pack including a Numbered Auto Relic and a Numbered Relic Card!
    - NEW! Unity Relic Cards! - Collectors can create their own Autograph Triple Relic and Triple Relic Combos
    - NEW! Introducing 2 Revered Legends to the Triple Threads Line-Up - Hank Aaron and Sandy Koufax!
    - NEW! Triple Threads Flashback Relic Cards! - Featuring both a player's rookie and current photo along with 3 relics!

BOX CONTENTS
    Every 4-Hit Box Contains:
    - NEW! A Triple Threads Unity Autograph Relic Card, numbered to 99 or less
    - NEW! A Triple Threads Unity Relic Card, numbered to 36 or less
    - An Autographed Triple Relic Card, numbered to 99 or less
    - A Triple Relic Card, numbered to 36 or less
    Every 2-Hit Pack Contains:
    - 1 Triple Relic Card, numbered to 36 or less AND
    - New! 1 Triple Threads Unity Autograph Relic Card, numbered to 99 or less
    OR
    - New! 1 Triple Threads Unity Relic Card, numbered to 36 or less AND
    - 1 Autograph Triple Relic Card, numbered to 99 or less
    PLUS
    - 2 Base Parallel Cards, numbered
    - 3 Base Cards, numbered

Our Box Break

Base Cards

We pulled 6 base cards that are all numbered out of 1350. The cards have a sharp red border with an action shot of the player. The cards feature players from the past and present. We pulled cards of Carlos Santana, Carl Crawford, Clay Buchholz, Rickey Henderson, Mel Ott, and Darryl Strawberry.

Parallels

We pulled 3 brown parallel cards numbered out of 625. We pulled cards of Cliff Lee, Barry Larkin, and Andrew McCutchen.

We pulled 1 green parallel card numbered out of 249. We pulled a card of Clayton Kershaw.

Relic Cards

We pulled a relic card of Tim Lincecum numbered out of 27. The card has an action shot of the player with the home stadium in the background.

The other relic card pulled was Starlin Castro numbered out of 27. The card spells out "North Slider" and is a 10 piece jersey card.

Autograph Cards

We pulled a jersey autograph of Jhonny Peralta numbered out of 50. This card is the green parallel and is a short print version!

We pulled a redemption of a Jason Heyward Rookie/Future Phenoms Autograph.

Final Thoughts

Topps Triple Threads is always a very popular product amongst collectors. It is a highend Topps product that features many great looking relics and autograph variations. I really like the 10 piece jersey card we pulled. The Jason Heyward Redemption Autograph was the best hit of this box. This year Topps added extra value to the product by having 2 Autographs and 2 Jersey Cards per master box. Past releases only contained 1 of each. I cant wait to see the next release of the Triple Threads product.

Product Rating
    Value: 5
    Innovation : 5
    Fun & Experience : 5
    Rebuy Value: 4

Overall Grade: A

NPN

There is no NPN for this product.

A HUGE thanks to Topps for letting us review this box. Please support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!

Nice pull on the Heyward! And an even better hit on the Peralta!!

I don't understand the Lincecum card. I thought it was triple threads, so why do they have single swatch cards?
    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Sick Heyward! I'd probably punch something if I pulled a Jhonny Peralta out of a TTT box though.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by B.I.G.Poppa
        Nice pull on the Heyward! And an even better hit on the Peralta!!

I don't understand the Lincecum card. I thought it was triple threads, so why do they have single swatch cards?
        New concept this year, more hits, less pieces of jersey wanted to use probably.

Originally posted by jsab4807
        Sick Heyward! I'd probably punch something if I pulled a Jhonny Peralta out of a TTT box though.
        I'm happy to of pulled an Auto of an allstar shortstop!

Comment

Nice review, and nice looking cards.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
          Baseball HOFers Autos I need
          Orioles Autos I need
          Baseball HOFers GU I need
          Orioles GU I need
          Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
          However other offers will be considered

Comment

Nice review Dan and some nice pulls.
            Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Man, I just love Triple Threads. Great review Dan!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
              Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
              Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
              MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
              NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
              NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
              NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
              I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Nice review Dan. Love the Castro Relic Card. I wish Topps still made Basketball Cards since this was one of my favorite sets to look forward to every year.

Comment

Very nice cards. A little pricy and it seems that you can get alot of the good stuff on Ebay for good prices instead of buying the box unless you pull some big time hofer. I do think they are the nicest looking cards you can get though.

Comment

Great review, I've always liked this product but it's a little too pricey for a box.

Hopefully I'll be able to buy some singles off ebay
                    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
                    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
                    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
                    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Very nice review alot of quality cards! congrats on the Peralta pull!
                      U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
                      http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
                      Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
                      Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

not bad at all !

Comment

nice review . congrats on the peralta pull.

Comment

Nice review! I've had two firsts with this years edition... My first booklets and my first printing plate!
                            -Kg

My Bucket: http://www.photobucket.com/kgsportscards/

Comment

The only downside to this year's edition of Triple Threads is the amount of redemptions and the novelty fictional charicter relic cards (I.E. John Henry and Pecos Bill). Otherwise, it doesn't disappoint with two hits per mini-box. Getting 2 auto's per hobby box for only $10 or so more makes it a solid addition.

Comment

Working...
                              X