• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Topps Baseball Update Series

2011 Topps Baseball Update Series
    Hobby Configuration: 36 Packs Per Box, 10 Cards Per Pack

The Diamond Anniversary Celebration Continues
    Topps Baseball Update Series is the essential finale to the 2011 Topps Baseball season, including all the major player moves and fresh faces of the year, plus a complete season recap extending all the way through the World Series. Collectors and fans once again will have a chance to win rare diamond embedded cards, diamond Topps rings, and much more as Topps concludes its wildly successful Topps Diamond Giveaway.
    Topps Baseball Update Series brings the season to a close like never before!

Product Highlights
    - New! Hope and Cognac Diamond Parallel Cards Including Every Base Card From Series 1 and 2!
    - 1 Autograph or Relic Card per box
    - 55 New Rookies Not Featured in Series 1 or 2!
    - Hobby Exclusive Glove Leather Cards!
    - Hobby Exclusive Original 1/1 MLB Player Sketch Cards
    - Hobby Exclusive 2011 All-Star Game Autograph, Jumbo Patch, & Multi-Relic Cards
    - Hobby Exclusive Silk Collection

Our Box Break

Base Cards

The base cards have a full color action shot of the player featured. Bordered in white, the card fronts also show the player's name, position, team name, and team logo. A simple colored strip matching the team color and silver foil trim is on the bottom of the card. The card backs are all horizontal in layout and contains moderate biographical information, modest career highlights, and complete career statistical highlights. The base cards in the Update Series is comprised of players who were traded in mid season, 2011 rookies who were not in Series 1 or 2, rookie debut cards of 10 significant rookies, All Star cards, Home Run Derby cards, and Record Breaker cards. In this product, we get cards of players in their new team uniforms such as Carlos Beltran, Hunter Pence, Ubaldo Jimenez, Francisco Rodriguez, Michael Bourn, and more.

Gold Parallels

The Gold Parallel cards have the same look and design as the regular base cards and are numbered out of 2011. We pulled 15 Gold Parallel cards: Jose Bautista, Lance Berkman, Michael Bourn, David Ortiz, Edwin Jackson, Blake Beavan, Michael Cuddyer, Brian Wilson, Jonny Venters, Ubaldo Jimenez, Chris Perez, Randall Delgado RC, Cliff Lee, Rickie Weeks, and Derrek Lee.

Diamond Anniversary

These are the nicest looking cards in this product. The Diamond Anniversary cards have the same look and design as the regular base cards and have different diamond sparkle variations: Cognac, Platinum, Hope, and Canary. The Cognac variation has a gold diamond sparkle. We pulled 43 Cognac Diamond Anniversary cards: Jim Thome, Ty Wiggington, Josh Collmenter RC, John McDonald, Fausto Carmona, Laynce Nix, Vladimir Guerrero, Carlos Gonzales, Angel Pagan, Jonathan Papelbon, Rafael Soriano, Mitchell Boggs, Jorge Cantu, Lou Marson, Mark Ellis, Brayan Pena, Mike Napoli, Brian Matusz, Alex Rodriguez, Jered Weaver, Brandon Morrow, Pat Neshek, Willie Harris, Hong-Chih Kuo, Alex Rios, Carl Crawford, Scott Hairston, Steve Pearce, Chris Denorfia, Pablo Sandoval, John Danks, C.J. Wilson, Max Scherzer, Matt Daley, Ryan Raburn, Jose Bautista, Victor Martinez, Clayton Mortensen, Russell Branyan, Luke Scott, Adam Kennedy, Jason Kubel, and Matt Lindstrom. The Platinum variation returns and has a silver diamond sparkle. We pulled 10 Platinum Diamond Anniversary cards: J.J. Hardy, Hector Noesi RC, Brandon Crawford, D.J. LeMahieu RC, Juan Nicasio, Kyle Seager RC, Chad Qualls, Monte Irvin, Rex Brothers RC, and Juan Nicasio RC. The Hope variation has a blue diamond sparkle and is numbered out of 60. We pulled a Chase Headley Hope Diamond Anniversary #23/60.

Diamond Duos

The Diamond Duos insert shows a combination of players who are either teammates or share the same position. We pulled 4: Justin Verlander/Max Scherzer, Evan Longoria/Ben Zobrist, Starlin Castro/Darwin Barney, and Eric Hosmer/Freddie Freeman.

Diamond Giveaway

The Diamond Giveaway cards have codes on the back allowing you to unlock original Topps baseball cards, original vintage Topps baseball packs, diamond embedded cards, diamond die-cut cards, an actual diamond ring, and more. Go to www.diamondtopps.com to create your account and redeem the codes. We pulled 5: Sandy Koufax, Adrian Gonzalez, Jose Bautista, Victor Martinez, and Cliff Lee.

Kimball Champions

Topps pays tribute to the Kimball Champions design of 1888 in this insert set. This set features 50 stars from the past and present. The back of every card shows the 50 player checklist. We pulled 9: Babe Ruth, Felix Hernandez, Christy Mathewson, Joe Morgan, Frank Robinson, Bert Blyleven, Adam Dunn, Vladimir Guerrero, and Carlton Fisk.

Topps 60

This insert set honors team and league statistical leaders from the past 60 years. We pulled 9: Reggie Jackson, Tris Speaker, Johnny Mize, George Sisler, Michael Pineda, Danny Duffy, Rickey Henderson, Kyle Drabek, and Zach Britton.

Toppstown

The Toppstown cards have codes on the back allowing you to get free digital cards and play games online. Go to www.toppstown.com to create your account and redeem the codes. We pulled 5: Matt Kemp, Josh Beckett, Curtis Granderson, Zach Britton, and Jhoulys Chacin.

Relic Card

Each box has either 1 Relic or Autograph card. We pulled a Scott Rolen All Star Game Relic.

Final Thoughts

Topps Baseball Update Series is a great product for every collector as the big names from the past, present, and future are all featured here. Boxes are reasonably priced and go for about $50 each. If you like insert cards, this product is definitely for you. The Diamond Anniversary cards are some of the nicest looking cards in the hobby today. We pulled a total of 54 different Diamond Anniversary cards! Topps delivered another great product to finish out the 2011 Baseball Season. I am looking forward to what Topps has in store for their 2012 baseball product releases.

Product Rating

Value = 4
    Innovation = 5
    Fun and Experience = 5
    Rebuy Value = 4

I would give an A- for this Topps product.

NPN Information

For a chance to win some of the inserts featured in Topps Baseball Update Series, please send a 3x5 card with your name and complete address to:

NPN 2011 Topps Baseball Update Series
    P.O. Box 763
    Pittston, PA 18640

Must be postmarked by January 4, 2012 and received by January 11, 2012.

I would like to thank Topps and Card Collectors World for giving me a chance to review this product.

Those Diamond Anniversary cards look amazing. I really wish Topps still made basketball cards as those would look amazing.

Comment

I love the Topps 60 cards.

Instead of the workout jersey relics, it would be cool if they could use the actual jersey. But i know it would be tough.
      Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
      Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
      Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
      Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

nice cards, terrific review tx bob
        UD Baseball MASTER SET Collector!! I need 1 copy of every BB card UD made. My want list is far from complete. LMK what you have & what you want

Comment

Nice review! Love the allstar relic set!

Comment

Nice review. The cards have a nice and bright color.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
            Baseball HOFers Autos I need
            Orioles Autos I need
            Baseball HOFers GU I need
            Orioles GU I need
            Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
            However other offers will be considered

Comment

I like what they did with the sparkle variations in the update set. Very nice!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
              Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
              Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
              MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
              NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
              NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
              NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
              I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Good job with the review.

Looks like a nice set of cards.
                - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

nice cards as usual from topps love the cognac cards and bobjah i think you have til january 31 12

Comment

thinking about buying some of this product
                    Pics: http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/casket_photos/

Comment

Love the cards just have had trouble with the topps web site with codes .
                      http://photobucket.com/trades_bucket
                      Collecting Panthers and Lots more

Comment

nice review...like the relics

Comment

This is always my favorite set out of reg tops I always look forward to seeing the rookies and guys who have been traded
                          U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
                          http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
                          Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
                          Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Nice review as always. My favorite are the Diamond Anniversary Cards....
                            HOFFMOEN
                            Looking for Auto's & G/u of NY Mets, NY Giants, HOFers, Old time players, 8x10 Photos & Celebrity Auto's
                            http://s514.photobucket.com/albums/t347/Hoffmoen/

http://www.4salebytubers.com/ccw/Store/Hoffmoen

I am currently Supercollecting the following players,

Mike Piazza, Jose Reyes, David Wright
                            Drew Bledsoe, Curtis Martin, Eli Manning, Tiki Barber, Brandon Jacobs, Odell Beckham Jr. New PC item - any card #ed 4/25

Comment

I always look forward to adding Topps every year. Thanks for the review.
                              Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Working...
                              X