Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Topps Finest Baseball

2011 Topps Finest Baseball
    Hobby Configuration: 2 Mini Boxes Per Box. 6 Packs Per Mini Box. 5 Cards Per Pack.
    - ALL NEW AUTOGRAPHED ON CARD ROOKIE CARDS
    - Autograph Rookie Dual Relic Cards
    - Rookie Jumbo Patch Cards
    - Finest Moments Autograph Relic Cards
    - Finest Moment Insert Cards
    - 60th Anniversary On Card Autograph Cards

Our Box Break

Base Cards

The base cards have a nice solid design with the silver coloring in the background. The player photo in the middle of the card is surrounded by a colored arch. There is a spotlight design on the top of the card which helps show more emphasis on the player featured.

Rookies

The rookie cards have the same look and design as the base cards except for the RC logo on the top left of the card. We pulled 19 Rookies: Mike Trout, Dustin Ackley, Domonic Brown, Jake McGee, Danny Espinosa, Brett Wallace, Mike Minor, Sergio Santos, Dee Gordon, Hector Noesi, Andrew Cashner, Zach Britton, Mike Moustakas, Danny Duffy, Tsuyoshi Nishioka, Daniel Descalso, Brandon Beachy, Ben Revere, and Chris Sale.

Refractors

The refractor cards have the same look and design as the base cards except for the rainbow tint. There are several refractor variations inserted in this product. We pulled a 6 variations: Stephen Strasburg Refractor #137/549, Brandon Beachy RC Refractor #140/549, Daniel Descalso RC Refractor #22/549, Ryan Howard X-Fractor #137/299, Jerry Sands Orange RC Refractor #52/99, and Kyle Drabek Gold Refractor #4/50.

Finest Foundation

This insert showcases the player featured behind a solid metal background. There is a Finest Foundation logo on the bottom right of the card. There are 15 players featured in this insert set. We pulled Ryan Howard.

Finest Moments

This insert highlights the player featured along with a defining moment of the 2010 baseball season. Under the player's name is a newspaper highlight headline along with the date it occurred. There are 18 players featured in this insert set. We pulled Alex Rodriguez.

Autograph Card

The first hit of the box was a Daniel Descalso Autograph Rookie numbered out of 499. The autograph is a blue signature that is signed directly on the card. All the base autograph rookies are refractors.

Autograph Relic

The best hit of the box was a Freddie Freeman Rookie Autograph Dual Relic numbered out of 149. We pulled a green variation of this card. The autograph is a sticker autograph that is directly above the two jersey swatches.

Final Thoughts

Topps Finest is always one of the most sought out products every year. This year continues the trend of solid looking base card designs with innovative inserts. Every hobby box contains 2 mini boxes and has a suggested retail price of about $75. You will get a total of 60 cards and 2 guaranteed hits per hobby box. Unfortunately there are no Bryce Harper cards to be found in this product. If you collect the St. Louis Cardinals, you would have loved this box. We pulled a trifecta of Daniel Descalso cards: Base Rookie, Refractor Rookie, and Autograph Refractor Rookie. Overall this is a solid product for every baseball collector in the hobby.

Product Rating

Value = 4
    Innovation = 4
    Fun and Experience = 4
    Rebuy Value = 4

I would give a B- for this Topps product.

NPN Information

For a chance to win some of the inserts featured in Topps Finest Baseball, please send a 3x5 card with your name and complete address to:

NPN 2011 Topps Finest Baseball
    P.O. Box 2230
    Duryea, PA 18642

Must be postmarked by December 28, 2011 and received by January 4, 2012. Potential Canadian winners will be required to first correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question.

14 x 2 + 2 - 6 = ?

I would like to thank Topps and Card Collectors World for giving me a chance to review this product.

Nice review! Love the design this year for Finest

Comment

Sweet design, awesome Freeman!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Great review, Love the look of Finest.

Comment

Nice freeman! This product is great.

Comment

Really like the design this year as well. I have opened two boxes of this so far, and have pulled an extra USA Auto hit out of it.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
            Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
            Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
            MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
            NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
            NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
            NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
            I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

great looking product as expected with finest. Sweet review!

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

I have never been a Topps collector but this might change my tactics since UD went belly up, love the Freeman card, Refractors are always awesome great review

bob
                UD Baseball MASTER SET Collector!! I need 1 copy of every BB card UD made. My want list is far from complete. LMK what you have & what you want

Comment

great review.cards look great.i never open baseball but this might change my mind.

Comment

great review . sweet looking freeman.

Comment

I loved this year's finest! Sweet design, nice refractors. Good pulls!
                      I am looking for: JJ Watt, Kawhi Leonard, George Springer, Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, Panini Points...
                      http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z260/leedawg62/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/143859720@N05/albums
                      I don't deal outside the US

Comment

O man, that Freeman is sweet.
                        Btowle18's photobucket- let me know if you see anything you're interested in!

Comment

I have never busted any Finest before, but it is always a nice looking product.

Comment

Nice review, I always love the look of the Finest cards and the hits.
                            HOFFMOEN
                            Looking for Auto's & G/u of NY Mets, NY Giants, HOFers, Old time players, 8x10 Photos & Celebrity Auto's
                            http://s514.photobucket.com/albums/t347/Hoffmoen/

http://www.4salebytubers.com/ccw/Store/Hoffmoen

I am currently Supercollecting the following players,

Mike Piazza, Jose Reyes, David Wright
                            Drew Bledsoe, Curtis Martin, Eli Manning, Tiki Barber, Brandon Jacobs, Odell Beckham Jr. New PC item - any card #ed 4/25

Comment

Nice review. I like the new design of the base and rookie cards.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
                              Baseball HOFers Autos I need
                              Orioles Autos I need
                              Baseball HOFers GU I need
                              Orioles GU I need
                              Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
                              However other offers will be considered

Comment

Working...
                              X