Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Topps Tier One Baseball

2011 Topps Tier One Baseball
    Hobby Configuration: 1 Pack Per Box. 7 Cards Per Pack.
    Each Pack Contains
    - 2 Autograph Cards
    - 1 Relic Card
    - 1 Parallel Card
    - 3 Base Cards

Our Box Break

Base Cards

The Base Cards have a very attractive background with a white cloudy border surrounding it. The cards are on thick stock and depict a very sharp action picture of the player. There is a nice mixture of past and present players. The 3 cards we pulled were Roger Maris #119/799, Frank Thomas #595/799, Tim Lincecum #297/799.

Parallel Card

The Parallel Card has a teal/peacock blue border with a light blue on the inside surrounding the background of the player. We pulled one of the greatest defensive third baseman, Brooks Robinson #138/199.

Relic Card

You get 1 Relic Card per box. We pulled a baby blue jersey swatch of David Wright #188/399. The team logo and jersey swatch are surrounded by a gold border.

Autograph Cards

You get 2 Autograph Cards per box. These are all on card autographs. The first one pulled was an Anthony Rizzo #120/999. The signature is in blue ink which contrasts nicely with the blue border on the right side of the card. The best pull of the box was the Hanley Ramirez Autograph #11/50. The card looks amazing with the combination of the white background and gold borders surrounded the signature.

Final Thoughts

2011 Topps Tier One Baseball is a very nice, attractive, and colorful baseball card product. The pictures of the players stand out very well against their backgrounds. Each box gives you 7 cards with only 3 of them being base cards. You get 1 Relic and 2 Autograph cards per box. I like the fact that the autographs are signed on the card itself and not a sticker. The cards in this product are thick stock cards. The suggested retail price for this product is about $75 per box. Without a doubt this is an interesting baseball product that will appeal to all collectors. I hope Topps continues to produce this product in the coming years.

Product Rating

Value = 4
    Innovation = 5
    Fun and Experience = 5
    Rebuy Value = 4

I would give an A- for this Topps product.

NPN Information

For a chance to win some of the inserts featured in Topps Tier One Baseball, please send a 3x5 card with your name and complete address to:

NPN 2011 Topps Tier One Baseball
    P.O. Box 785
    Pittston, PA 18640

Must be postmarked by February 8, 2012 and received by February 15, 2012. Potential Canadian winners will be required to first correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question.

6 x 2 + 3 - 14 = ?

I would like to thank Topps and Card Collectors World for giving me a chance to review this product.
    Last edited by key2win; 11-30-2011, 01:05 AM.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
    Baseball HOFers Autos I need
    Orioles Autos I need
    Baseball HOFers GU I need
    Orioles GU I need
    Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
    However other offers will be considered

Nice review Rodney. That Hanley Auto looks sweet!

Comment

Nice review, do like these cards very much, awesome Hanley auto.

Comment

Great review! The design of Tier One is awesome!

Comment

really nice looking cards. love the hanley auto.
          Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Nice review....love this product, so crisp looking.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
            Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
            Johnson/Mears/
            Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

very nice...gotta love the on card autos
              Not looking for anything specific, just whatever catches my eye, but I am partial to Chicago Cubs, David Wright, Jim Palmer, Miguel Cabrera, and Yao Ming

My Bucket

Comment

nice review

Comment

I love the autographs in this set. Nice review
                  Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
                  Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
                  Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
                  Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

awesome looking cards in this set

Comment

Nice looking cards, a tough set to complete tx bob
                      UD Baseball MASTER SET Collector!! I need 1 copy of every BB card UD made. My want list is far from complete. LMK what you have & what you want

Comment

Nice looking cards. I think they might have photo-shopped Tim Lincecum's head onto Aubrey Huff's body, because he only looks like a hitter from the neck down and I thought Lincecum was skinnier than that.

Comment

Wow, I really like these cards. Love the design, and the fact that the base are all SN'd.

Any idea on the cost of these boxes? I didn't see it in the review.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                          Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                          Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                          MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                          NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                          NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                          NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                          I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Originally posted by schwood View Post
                            Wow, I really like these cards. Love the design, and the fact that the base are all SN'd.

Any idea on the cost of these boxes? I didn't see it in the review.
                            "The suggested retail price for this product is about $75 per box." I missed it the first time as well.
                            http://condition-sensitive.blogspot.com/

Comment

nice review....really like the design of this set

Comment

Working...
                              X