X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-11 Panini Contenders Patches Basketball

10-11 Panini Contenders Patches Basketball

Set Features
    Configuration: 20 packs per box. 5 cards per pack.

BOX BREAK
    4 Autographs, Including 3 Rookie Patch Autographs - One of which will be a draft lottery pick!

CASE BREAK
    Find one or more of the following Autographs: Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O'Neal, and Panini Exclusive John Wall, Dual-Signed Building Blocks Black Autographs #'d to 10 or less and Place in History Black Autographs #'d to 10 or less.

HIGHLIGHTS
    Look for Autographed Rookie Tickets Rookie Cards
    200 Championship Tickets 1 of 1's
    Classic Tickets Prime Material Autographs #'d to 10 or less
    Also included are Autographs of today's top players: Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O'Neal,Blake Griffin, Amare Stoudemire, Derrick Rose, Tyreke Evans, and Carmelo Anthony.
    PLUS Panini Exclusives: John Wall, Evan Turner, Wesley Johnson and Brandon Jennings
    Place in History Autographs Kobe with the Hornets? Dirk with the Bucks? Details of the last 25 years of the NBA Draft including:
    Kobe Bryant (Charlotte Hornets)
    Dirk Nowitzki (Milwaukee Bucks)
    Pau Gasol (Atlanta Hawks)
    Scottie Pippen (Seattle Supersonics)
    Rookie of the Year Contenders Autographs Including John Wall and Blake Griffin among others!

Here is what we pulled in our 2010-11 Contenders Box Break:

Base Cards

The base cards have a great basic design. Nice action shot of the player with a grayish/white background. The front of the card is also very informational listing the player position, player jersey number, the number of seasons the player has played, as well as when the team was established. We got 83 out of 100 cards from the base set with NO doubles!

Inserts

Season Ticket

We pulled 2 Season Ticket inserts. The Jeff Green is numbered out of 299 and the Al Thornton is numbered out of 99. Both cards have a silver foil design and are diecuts.

Rookie of the Year Contenders

We pulled 2 Rookie of the Year Contenders inserts of Blake Griffin and Evan Turner. The inserts have a good and black design which comes off very well.

One-Two Punch

We pulled 4 One-Two Punch inserts including 3 regular inserts of LeBron James/Dwayne Wade, Amare Stoudemire/Toney Douglas, and Chris Paul/Emeka Okafor. Our one diecut insert was of Dirk Nowitzki/Jason Kidd and is numbered out of 299. These inserts feature two of the teams top players.

Place in History

We pulled 4 Place in History inserts including 3 regular inserts of Kobe Bryant, Shawn Marion, and Chauncey Billups. Our diecut insert was of Hersey Hawkins and is numbered out of 299. These inserts are from past drafts and feature the players from the team they were originally drafted by.

Starting Blocks

We pulled 5 Starting Blocks inserts including 4 regular inserts of DeMar DeRozan/Ed Davis, Danilo Gallinari/Toney Douglas, Jeremy Evans/Gordon Hayward, and Brook Lopez/Damion James. Our diecut insert was of Eric Gordon/Blake Griffin and is numbered out of 49. These cards feature two players on a team that are considered to be the players the team will build around.

Autographs Patches

We pulled 4 Autograph Patches of Jeremy Evans, Terrico White, James Anderson, and Gordon Hayward. These cards are not numbered and the logo patches are manufactured. The autographs are on card signatures.

Final Thoughts

Panini did a great job with the base set and made it easy to build wth only 100 cards. The base cards are great to get signed in person or for TTM autograph requests. The various inserts were also done very well with some great innovative designs. I like the Place in History inserts as it shows players on teams that originally drafted them. Seeing Kobe Bryant with the Charlotte Hornet team name on the card is a nice touch. When it comes to the autographs, I could have done without the manufactured patches. The use of on card autographs is a good selling point that most collectors would agree with. Contenders has always been a set that was loved for the value of the autographs and this product is a step in the right direction.

Product Rating

• Value = 4
    • Innovation = 5
    • Fun and Experience = 5
    • Rebuy Value = 3

I rate this product a "B" for Panini!

NPN:

NPN 2010-11 Contenders Patches Basketball
    2300 E. Randol Mill
    Arlington, TX 76011-6333

NPN is open only to U.S./Canadian (except Quebec) residents and submissions must be sent by May 4, 2011. Requests are limited to two per household. The skill test question for Canadian residents is as follows: 174 + 515 / 225 x 990 - 870 = ?

I would like to thank Panini and Card Collectors World for giving me the chance to review this new product.

Support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!
    Last edited by Mister_Ed; 03-08-2011, 04:12 PM.

Good review Dan. The Starting Blocks inserts look nice. I do like the manufactured patches on the cards, it gives a nicer look to the card.

Comment

wow....nice design....and the autographs.....sweeeeeeeet!.
      Randy
      United States Air Force, Retired
      ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
      balance of life, an individual diagnosed
      with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Panini ruined Contenders with the patches. Completely disappointed in them.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
        Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

I really like the look of those cards. I just ordered a pack for myself. I can't wait to see them in person.
          I collect
          All players who played for the Bulls/Spurs plus

Bulls PC 5131 of 32,841 (15.6%)
          Spurs PC 3319 of 22,829 (14.5%)

Comment

New here, are the sites cards available for trade? I would like the James Anderson.
            Click the banner for my bucket !!!
            Photobucket

Comment

the site's cards are not available for trade, but most of them show up in contests run by the staff.

I agree with many, Im not a huge fan of the patch/autos, but the design of the inserts is pretty darn good.

Nice review Dan!

Comment

I have hardly seen any good pulls from these. That box would've been a dream for me with both Jazz Autos and a Spur Auto. I can't wait for the contests to win some of them.

Leland
                I am looking for: JJ Watt, Kawhi Leonard, George Springer, Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, Panini Points...
                http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z260/leedawg62/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/143859720@N05/albums
                I don't deal outside the US

Comment

Not a fan of the patches, but the inserts are very nice.
                  "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

I kind of like those logo autos. A nice GU patch auto would be nicer, but cool to see your teams logo on the card like that. A little something different.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                    Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                    Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                    MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                    NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                    NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                    NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                    I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Great review bro, and sweet looking cards!
                      TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
                      A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

I bought a box of this and was not dissapointed. Good review and I think the patches are cool.
                        sigpic

CLICK ON RICHARD PETTY'S SWEET RIDE TO SEE MY ITEMS LISTED ON EBAY. GREAT DEALS ON CARDS!!!

Comment

Nice review Dan, The only thing I'm not impressed with is the manufactured patches, piece of a jersey with the auto would hold more value.
                          HOFFMOEN
                          Looking for Auto's & G/u of NY Mets, NY Giants, HOFers, Old time players, 8x10 Photos & Celebrity Auto's
                          http://s514.photobucket.com/albums/t347/Hoffmoen/

http://www.4salebytubers.com/ccw/Store/Hoffmoen

I am currently Supercollecting the following players,

Mike Piazza, Jose Reyes, David Wright
                          Drew Bledsoe, Curtis Martin, Eli Manning, Tiki Barber, Brandon Jacobs, Odell Beckham Jr. New PC item - any card #ed 4/25

Comment

Great cards Nice product and awsome review thank you.
                            Collecting CLEVELAND BROWNS,BRUINS,nascar
                            Collecting Cleveland Browns.

Comment

Thanks for the review. I like this product.
                              Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Working...
                              X